A2A on deck with the C97

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

A2A on deck with the C97

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation turns to A2A Simulations to create the official flight training program for their Boeing C97 "Angel of Deliverance"

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlnGtuylKA

The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation currently flies their Douglas C54 "Spirit of Freedom" across North America and abroad, and is in the process of bringing their beautiful Boeing C97 "Angel of Deliverance" to flying condition. The Boeing C97 is a large 4-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, and high speed military transport similar to the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser commercial transport. A2A Simulations is now partnered with the Berlin Airlift and is the official developer for their new "Accu-Simulator" which is based on the Wings of Silver Boeing 377 Stratocruiser with the Accu-Sim expansion pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. We support the mission of the fine people at the Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation, to teach and remind the world of the true spirit of freedom.

Berlin Airlift foundation website;
http://www.spiritoffreedom.org/
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A on deck with the C97

Post by Skycat »

Very cool!

Will this C-97 be exclusively for the foundation's use as a trainer?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are developing this for their specific training needs, yes. This was our second visit to their C97 - the first time was to gather source for the 377. This time we were there to specifically research the differences between the C97 and the 377 and see what we can do for them. We are starting by making arrangements to the front pilot's panel and rear engineer's panel and then add in a loadout manager for their C97.

They have started flyng the 377 already and our job is to listen to them and keep improving this for their needs. We are not against packaging the official training software once this is completed.

Also, we will keep you informed on the progress of the C97. They are close to starting up one of the engines - we will certainly make a trip down their to film this event.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

So on my way home for Christmas this year hurtling towards KIND in a tiny CRJ-200, I stopped at the airport to pick up a Clive Cussler novel - Vixen 03. Vixen 03 is the callsign of the protagonist of sorts of the novel, a sunken/disappeared C-97.

So I am tera-jazzed (not just mega) about the C-97 - you guys gotta make this lady available. The 377 is already addictive. I can't stop flying it to "see how well I can run her this time".

Sometimes I am reminded of one of my favorite movies, Sergeant York, when they're drinking in the bar and Alvin York is thinking about starting trouble. His friend is trying to calm him down, saying "Hey, come on, Alvin, you gotta take a dance with that big woman. How 'bout that ol' big woman, Alvin?"

And the new Razorback looks just terrific. Can't wait for it, either.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

RCAF_Gunner
Airman First Class

Post by RCAF_Gunner »

Scott - A2A wrote: ... We are not against packaging the official training software once this is completed. ...
A C-97 package would be awesome. I really want to get into Accusim with the multi-engine challenges but I can't get warmed up to the civilian version of the B377 ~ don't get me wrong, you folks have done a beautiful job (as always) but historic warbirds (including transports) are my thing. 8)

I plan to upgrade to the Accusim P-47 as soon as it's out so I'll get my feet wet then but I think the depth of the challenge with the B-29 like systems of the C-97 would be really enjoyable. Failing that; how about a B-29 instead? :)

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Rick

heydon2008
Airman

Post by heydon2008 »

Any chance you guys would make a c97 repaint for the b377?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Once Tim comes back with his C97 from the Berlin Airlift and gets it in the hangar, we'll go down again for a follow up. The plan is to implement final changes to his C97 simulator, then release it as a product to the public.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Yes, CAP, my error, his C54.

wildwally
Airman

Post by wildwally »

Any updates on the C97? Is it modeled in the 377, don't recall seeing anything?

How is the progress on the one shown in the video?
WildWally
Intel i7 950
MSI x58 Platinum SLI
9 gb Patriot ram DDR3 Trichannel
2 - GTS250 1 gb in SLI (when able)
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
3 - 24" Acer HD Monitors
Triple Heads to go
TrackerIR

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”