A2A Simulations

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

A2A Simulations

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey chaps you may notice a change on the website and forums, heres the press release we have issued....

For Immediate Release

Farmington, CT – May 14, 2008 - Shockwave Productions Inc., a leader in high-end flight simulation software, has rebranded its corporate name to Air to Air Simulations Inc (A2A).

Air to Air Simulations states that its name change was triggered by reports of customer confusion between Shockwave Productions and a popular online gaming website known as Shockwave. In effort to better serve their customers and avoid any further confusion, a company name change was in order.

“Our reputation was built with a passion for flight. After many years of hard work and dedication, we now have a brand name, “Shockwave,” that is synonymous with quality throughout our flight simulation community. The other Shockwave preceded us and the larger we grow, the more likely customer confusion would occur between two different companies. Our team is excited to announce Air to Air Simulations as it better identifies who we are and what we do,” said Scott Gentile of Air to Air Simulations Inc.

Look for A2A at its new website: http://www.a2asimulations.com. The company customers grew to rely on for quality flight simulation will continue without pause. A2A continues to use their own Merlin air combat engine to create the most authentic flight simulations. The Merlin Air Combat engine boasts authentic physics and the most advanced artificial intelligence in the industry. Additionally, A2A has a team that develops ground-breaking technology and aircraft for the latest and greatest Microsoft Flight Simulator X and 2004.

“Much of our team’s energy has been focused on the creation of a new line of aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator X called, “Wings of Silver.” This line is built with an all-new core simulation technology called “Accu-Sim” which boasts the type of realism we have only been able to wish for, until now. Accu-Sim comes with a long list of never before seen features for a flight simulation. Our Boeing Stratocriuser, which has been built using Accu-Sim technology, represents a quantum leap over anything we’ve done prior. This plane has to be seen, felt, and heard to be believed” commented Lewis Bloomfield of Air to Air Simulations Inc.

During the last year, Shockwave Productions has released several products including two highly accurate aircraft native to Microsoft Flight Simulator X: the Wings of POWER II P40 and the B17 Flying Fortress. Air to Air Simulations will continue its standard, which is the pursuit of excellence. The change in name will not affect the quality its customers have come to expect from this flight simulation leader. Look for Air to Air to release some of its most ambitious products ever later this year.

More information and movies can be found at http://www.a2asimulations.com

About AIR TO AIR SIMULATIONS INC.
Air to Air Simulations specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington, Connecticut.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2004 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Congrats Guys!!

:)
Snuffy

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

The redhead fits on the logo fine! :)

eif87
Senior Airman

Post by eif87 »

Cool! Love the "UFO sighting" banner bit on the homepage...gave me a smile =)
"You catch him right smack in the middle of your sights and give him a complete burst. The Brownings go to work, and, brother, when they are working they're not kidding! Eight guns, 1,400 rounds per minute. Figure it out for yourself.

the Dutchman
Technical Sergeant

Post by the Dutchman »

All those modern spelled names,i dunno...............and air to air reminds me of a missiletype?
Why not Pro(P)Flightsims or something like that?
Anyway congrats with the new name!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

While I certainly love warbirds (favorate aircraft is the Focke Wulf 190), I certainly have nothing against doing some modern jet simulations someday. Falcon 4 and the old Digital Integration Tornado are still some of my all time favorite simulations.

The company's official name is Air to Air Inc. This can cover anything from WWI to the present. The logo you see above will see many transformations over time. The bottom line for us is our motto - "Passion for Flight." That's really what it comes down to for all of us, we are forever interested in all things that fly.

Right now, our critical mission is to get the word out to every corner where there are people that know of us.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

I will certainly continue to fly the flag. How about a couple of banners which A2A customers could incororate into their signatures, not just on these boards, but in other communities too? Actually, it would be nice as a clickable link to the product pages.. Just a thought.. And I don't have many of those!

Will there be always be a military theme to the A2A future aircraft, or do you think you may venture into the civilian airways? I just wondered because I have everything to date, including the aircraft I would never have thought I'd wanted. The quality has always been that good, that I felt compelled to try even the more obscure (to me at least) aeroplanes and have in each one learned lots and come to love them. This is not often true of other manufacturers I've tried so far.
Keep up the excellent work.
best wishes.
John.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

John,

You mean just an assortment of logos? We can certainly do that.

As for future aircraft, are roots are in the warbirds. We are making a Boeing 377 but we are also making more warbirds / military aircraft too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

The logo/banner idea is great, I'd show one on other sites too Scott. Actually the logo you have now is great. :D I'll still support A2A when someone asks where to get great aircraft for FS9 and FSX. But until I build a new computer, I can't get the new stuff for FSX that looks so good.

Then again if the "Warden" keeps on gripping, I won't getting anything.... new or old. :roll: She can't stand to see me enjoy myself.

Anyways Scott, I've been here from the start and will continue to support you and A2A... you know that. ~S!~
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”