Help with FS? Strange cannon noise on afterburner.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Help with FS? Strange cannon noise on afterburner.

Post by Mig_Driver »

Hey all, wondering if you could help out with a general FS question.

I'm running FS9 in this computer, and whenever I fly a jet, upon 100% throttle and afterburner igniting, I get a cannon sound. I think I used to have a payware aircraft that linked a cannon effect to the afterburner gauge.

Would a repair using the install disks help?

Andy

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Re: Help with FS? Strange cannon noise on afterburner.

Post by Geewiz »

Mig_Driver wrote:Hey all, wondering if you could help out with a general FS question.

I'm running FS9 in this computer, and whenever I fly a jet, upon 100% throttle and afterburner igniting, I get a cannon sound. I think I used to have a payware aircraft that linked a cannon effect to the afterburner gauge.

Would a repair using the install disks help?

Andy
I haven't done any jet flying (which jet are you flying?) but...have you checked y our air speed when that happens? Are you hearing a sonic boom?
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Cannon noise

Post by Mig_Driver »

Oh, no - it's a repeating noise, like an automatic cannon... it sounds like one of my former payware acft. I wish I did have a sonic boom gauge that kicked in at Mach 1, but I think nobody inside the aircraft actually hears the boom - is that correct? Physics is so damned confusing... ;-)

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Solved!!! Strange cannon noise on afterburner.

Post by Mig_Driver »

For some reason, I had sound files called "amb_expl" or something like that. I played them, and they were all cannon and artillery sounds, bombs dropping... strange! I just went and stuck an arbitrary letter in front of the name to fool whatever gauge or effect was calling for that sound file... and afterburner / reheat no longer produces these strange cannon sounds!

I guess some 3rd party plane I had installed didn't have an afterburner and they programmed a cannon to fire when reheat was turned on? Oh well. I'm VERY happy this is finally solved, and I hope someone else suffering from this can get help from my predicament as I've found a lot of solutions to stumpers on these boards.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”