Computer Help-PLEASE

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
sambt
Senior Airman

Computer Help-PLEASE

Post by sambt »

Any Techies here?

I just finished building my new rig. Everything worked perfectly 'til I installed a second H/D. After H/D install I went into Bios ok to check to see if recognized and after this I lost function of my PS2 keyboard. How do I get back into Bios without a keyboard?

Here are the specs:

MSI K9A2 Platinum
AMD 64x2 6400
ATI Diamond 3870
4 gigs ram
Vista home 64 bit

What's up with this? I had to sell a kidney to put this thing together after selling one to buy a tank of gas. I am running out of kidneys. How many do we have anyway? All controllers work and once into windows I can use the onscreen K/B. Mouse works as well. When in windows I am ok, just no keyboard.

All flights are canceled 'til you guys help me solve this.

Thanks

Sam

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Look in Motherbaord manual for CMOS reset. You want to reset your BIOS as it sounds like you may have clicked on somthing. :oops:

Alternatively try a different keyboard (borrow one from next door for a few mins?) just to check that the keyboard is A ok.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sambt
Senior Airman

Post by sambt »

Lewis - Shockwave wrote:Look in Motherbaord manual for CMOS reset. You want to reset your BIOS as it sounds like you may have clicked on somthing. :oops:

Alternatively try a different keyboard (borrow one from next door for a few mins?) just to check that the keyboard is A ok.

Thanks for your reply, Lewis. I have tried swapping out K/B. Tried new one and results are the same. Also tried your suggestion on reset and no go there as well. I am going to try a USB KB tomorrow.

Thanks again

Sam

sambt
Senior Airman

Post by sambt »

Cleared for take off. Problem solved. Lewis was close to solution. Had to reset BIOS by removing and re-installing battery. I was in computer hell for a day. Man, don't want to go there again. Have to re-install everything so there goes another day.

Don't know what happened. Thanks, Lewis.

Sam

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

no problem sambt. I re-commanded the mnual as opposed to straight to remove battery as some mobo's have a simply jumper switch that does the same. Glad you got it sorted.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”