start up plane lunging forward

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MikeS
Airman First Class

start up plane lunging forward

Post by MikeS »

I have a problem no matter how starting auto start or C&D with the C182, Comanche, P51C all lunging forward unable to stop crashing into trees, buildings etc.
C172, 377 and Cub no problems.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: start up plane lunging forward

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi MikeS.
What sim are you using , i use FSX+Acceleleration .
What is your throttle set to , are the parking brakes on , and have you had any PC updates recently that may have changed some settings.
regards Alan. 8)

MikeS
Airman First Class

Post by MikeS »

FSX Acc Boxed.
I don't have any problems with some of the planes like mentioned in first post.
And its not just a short distance forward before I know it the planes has traveled 20 yards Im applying brakes and cutting fuel to try stop.
Its only the Comanche, C182, P51 only A2A planes.

MikeS
Airman First Class

Post by MikeS »

I did just try with the P51 releasing parking brake and chocks just holding with applied brakes during start as I read in a previous post I found doing a search and it held in place. Maybe this is the way to start Ill try the other planes I have issues with see how it goes.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I remember very vaguely that there was a bug in FSX causing aircraft to basically shoot forward. I THINK it had to do with how default flights were saved. always make sure that the sim loads the default flight, in this case the trike over Friday Harbour I think (or at least put it on the ground if you will)

Oh and... if you use FSUIPC it might be worth a try to remove the ini file from the modules folder and check if that resolves it.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

The first thing I would do is change the default Trike in the air to the Default Cessna 172 on the deck at Friday Harbor in a cold and dark state. Also a good idea to set the cold and dark setting in your A2A aircraft.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

MikeS
Airman First Class

Post by MikeS »

I have the default C172 start up cold and dark then I switch to preferred aircraft.
Tried a flight in Skyhawk it too raced forward unable to stop except to kill engine.
MarcE wrote: 14 May 2022, 07:40 I remember very vaguely that there was a bug in FSX causing aircraft to basically shoot forward. I THINK it had to do with how default flights were saved. always make sure that the sim loads the default flight, in this case the trike over Friday Harbour I think (or at least put it on the ground if you will)

Oh and... if you use FSUIPC it might be worth a try to remove the ini file from the modules folder and check if that resolves it.
If I delete the ini file in FSUIPC wont I erase all my assignments?

MikeS
Airman First Class

Post by MikeS »

Maybe a conflict with A2A and FSX.

I just was able to get my engine sounds back after installing A2A P51C. All my engine sounds sounded muffled and way in the distance no matter open cockpit, spot view or whatever.
I tried everything from reinstalling many aircraft and double checking cfg making sure sound settings were correct.
Finally I dropped in back up FSX default sound files and fixed everything.

All engines sound awesome on Bose speakers.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

MikeS wrote: 14 May 2022, 18:59
If I delete the ini file in FSUIPC wont I erase all my assignments?
Unfortunately yes. But it might be worth a try to remove it temporarily (just drag the file out of the folder) to check. FSUIPC has the habit to screw up the sim once in a while.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Something I have noticed over the years in simming is that it does matter (sometimes) how you shut the sim down when flying A2A aircraft which has persistent state. If I shut down the simulator with the P51 Civ running I may have issues when loading the next time. And as mentioned prior it is important that the default flight is a stock aircraft on the ground with engines off, all switches off, cowl flaps closed, etc. and views set to preferred settings. Take the time to shut down properly after each flight if you are not already.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”