A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Ron Attwood »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 14:48
As long as there is no Accusim reference in MSFS I must call it so 😜
I'm not sure what you're saying. Maybe a language thing. What I understand you saying is the Kodiak qualifies as 'Great' because it doesn't have Accu Sim!

Anyway, take no notice of me. I'm just an old fart that reacts to words like 'Great', 'Fantastic', 'Awesome' etc. when what people mean is OK. Not bad, Nice, Very good and Acceptable.

I'll go and get myself a nice cup of cocoa. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 03:43 Absolutely, I almost only fly the DC-6. Sometimes here and there, I‘ve got the Kodiak and the FlyingIron Spitfire, both are really good. Sure, far from Accusim. IMO the Kodiak is too sensitive on the elevator and the Spit is hangared because I can‘t use VR at the moment. I can‘t stand flying warbirds in pancake mode :D but I built a new PC and my new graphic card doesn‘t have DVI anymore so I‘m stuck with one monitor currently 🤣
Have the DC-6 but rarely fly it as I seldom get a long enough period of time to start it up and actually get somewhere. Last few months have been pretty busy so didn't do much flying or other gaming. The DC-6 is the only purchase for MSFS I have made as I'm quite choosey. Too much history of buying aircraft and not using them in FSX. Oh, I got the Reno base pack as it was cheap for four extra aircraft and I was curious to try. I only did one race and it was underwhelming.

Have VR since a year ago but almost never use it as I can't manage more than 50% scaling which isn't pretty. DCS runs better but for the most part I stick to 2D. Still waiting on GPU prices to drop... there's a lot of waiting in the flight sim world the last couple of years, that's for sure :mrgreen:

Appreciate the comments in the thread on the other aircraft; good to gauge some opinions. Thanks all!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 17:57
I'm not sure what you're saying. Maybe a language thing. What I understand you saying is the Kodiak qualifies as 'Great' because it doesn't have Accu Sim!

Anyway, take no notice of me. I'm just an old fart that reacts to words like 'Great', 'Fantastic', 'Awesome' etc. when what people mean is OK. Not bad, Nice, Very good and Acceptable.

I think what he means is that the Kodiak qualifies as great because there is no Accusim planes available for MSFS. As soon as the Comanche hits the kodiak will most likely be downgraded to good 😉
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 17:57

No worries :D I can speak louder *hide*

What I mean is that as long as Accusim hasn‘t arrived to MSFS the bar of an okay or great aircraft is lower. The superlatives still have other definitions. What makes the Kodiak better than other addons is the relatively well done turbine engine (same as Milviz‘ PC6 btw), the interactive use of pax and the noticable shift of CG, the pretty nice sound set. The visual model is superb, too.

What I find strange is that I had flown in MSFS for over a year and always had had extremely twitchy flight controls. Then I built a new and really powerfull PC and suddenly this twitchiness is gone. My controller curves have been almost straight (y=x) since then and the planes are much more tamed now. I have no idea why. I flew the Kodiak the first time with this new PC last night and it felt much better with my Honeycomb Alpha. And with AAO I have set up a power lever axis that includes the beta range and reverse. The DC-6 had the same problem with my last PC, very sensitive elevator, now it feels like I would expect a heavy prop plane to feel.

Language, yeah… I studied english over 8 years at school but that was more than 15 years ago.. I‘ve forgotten a lot and what I still know comes from forums, youtube abd Tug‘s dirty jokes :D The understanding of „great“ of a native speaker is probably different than the one of a young stranger who learns a foreign language xD but I think we can agree that „bloody &*$(% amazing“ means the same for all of us… which can only be used for A2A 🤣

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Marc, your English is better than my German, in fact it's a lot better than a lot of Englishmen. :D

I did know what you meant, I was just being bloody minded. :lol:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

MarcE wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 04:21
What I find strange is that I had flown in MSFS for over a year and always had had extremely twitchy flight controls. Then I built a new and really powerfull PC and suddenly this twitchiness is gone. My controller curves have been almost straight (y=x) since then and the planes are much more tamed now. I have no idea why. I flew the Kodiak the first time with this new PC last night and it felt much better with my Honeycomb Alpha. And with AAO I have set up a power lever axis that includes the beta range and reverse. The DC-6 had the same problem with my last PC, very sensitive elevator, now it feels like I would expect a heavy prop plane to feel.
So does it appear that we all need to buy new computer's for to properly run MSFS?? Hope not. My PC is pretty quick, but I bought it just before the latest video GPU's came out, so I'm only running a 1080 8gb unit. Everything else is top spec. I'd be interested to hear if other's have found the same controller experience when updating their computer.

In the latest announcements, Asobo have told us they'll be putting out new world updates bi monthly starting with Australia next month, (5 thereof this year) and then we'll get sim updates bi monthly in between the world updates. So sim update in March and bi monthly after that. They believe this will result in a smoother less resource hungry sim, and I hope they're right. But I really hope they resolve the painful controller twitch for those of us with lesser machines. I had thought of upgrading my yoke controller to resolve the twitch, but if as MarcE suggests, it's the power of your PC that get's rid of it, then that plan is clearly a waste of money.

It's the controller twitch and the lack of A2A planes in MSFS that keeps me going back to P3D, so it would be great to think that this year is the year that MSFS matures to a much greater degree.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Michael,

I‘m honestly not sure how to interpret this behaviour. I had an i7 6700k before and a GTX1080Ti, relatively slow RAM at 2666MHz (2x1333). My axes were extremely twitchy which I always thought was how MSFS has been designed. Also the Asobo (and PMS50) GNS530/430 devices were lagging slightly when I turned the knob. I assume due to the way how WASM works. With my new 12 core Ryzen 9 5900X I don‘t see these lags on the GNS anymore, it‘s perfectly smooth now. Also the twitchiness is gone. I simply don‘t know though if that is a coincidence or a consequence. The thing is that I changed everything, new SSDs, new RAM, new mainboard of course. New Win10 installation too, no image.

There is something very weird going in with how MSFS behaves and I can‘t explain it. It also surprises that high end NVIDIA cards seem to struggle although the sim appears to be optimized for NVIDIA and Intel. With my AMD system now however everything is perfectly smooth and fast. It IS a strange program.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Marc, what clock speed you had before and what is it now?
Pat

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Glad to hear the 5900x works so well. Thats what I want to replace my Ryzen 3800 with if the prices come down. Might do it anyway if I can talk my computer nerd son to come up to visit and help with the change over. I am still enjoying P3D 5.3 although I have not installed the latest hot fix. I'm waiting for some reports from people who have done the hot fix.

Eventually I'll go to MSF when A2A joins up, but I plan on running both sims.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

David Reines
Airman

Post by David Reines »

I have experienced smooth sailing( erm...flying) with the lastest hotfix for 5.3. Active sky working as well. No problems to report as of yet. (A reply to previous post) Long live A2A!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

trisho0 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 11:13 Marc, what clock speed you had before and what is it now?
Pat
Pat,

My CPU goes up to 5.1GHz and the GPU is OC (by design) at up to 2000MHz. My RAM latency is calculated 8.8ns

In MSFS I have 70FPS and no stutters in flight at ultra settings, 3840x2160p but rendering set to 90%, around 40-45 with the DC6 due to the problem with the rendering channel. If I turn it on in dev mode I get the same FPS. I have the known microstutters on the ground too though.

In latest P3D 5.3 I‘m set to have around 40 FPS in the PMDG 737 NGXu and use Vsync at 30frames. Occasional short loading stutters when new scenery loads in.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

MarcE wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 18:24
trisho0 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 11:13 Marc, what clock speed you had before and what is it now?
Pat
Pat,

My CPU goes up to 5.1GHz and the GPU is OC (by design) at up to 2000MHz. My RAM latency is calculated 8.8ns

In MSFS I have 70FPS and no stutters in flight at ultra settings, 3840x2160p but rendering set to 90%, around 40-45 with the DC6 due to the problem with the rendering channel. If I turn it on in dev mode I get the same FPS. I have the known microstutters on the ground too though.

In latest P3D 5.3 I‘m set to have around 40 FPS in the PMDG 737 NGXu and use Vsync at 30frames. Occasional short loading stutters when new scenery loads in.
From P3Dv5.3 do you get better performance changing graphics resolution from 4K to 2K?
Also, I guess you have A2A Constellation (Connie). Do you have a dark FE cabin with P3Dv5.3 sim? At nighttime my FE cabin is damn dark if not black (lol).
Pat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

trisho0 wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 20:22
From P3Dv5.3 do you get better performance changing graphics resolution from 4K to 2K?
certainly, but I won't try it.. I'm happy that P3D once in a while doesn't behave like a naughty kid.
Also, I guess you have A2A Constellation (Connie). Do you have a dark FE cabin with P3Dv5.3 sim? At nighttime my FE cabin is damn dark if not black (lol).
Pat
yup, many aircraft are too dark inside in P3D5. There are some user suggestestions at the LM forum on how to fix it but they don't really work or have bad side effects.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

[/quote]

yup, many aircraft are too dark inside in P3D5. There are some user suggestestions at the LM forum on how to fix it but they don't really work or have bad side effects.
[/quote]
I edited the Prepar3d.cfg file:

[GRAPHICS]
ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR=0.000000
MAX_EXPOSURE=3.000000
MIN_EXPOSURE=2.500000
MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=800
HDR=0

Please, make a backup first.
It helped me giving better lights result. I found these in somewhere in this A2A Forum can't remember (lol). I am still experimenting with this.
If you find a better try, please let me know to do another test.
Pat

EDIT: Connie at nighttime the lighting cockpit and FE Cabin works with HDR, Autoexposure and EA activated. But at daytime Connie works better with HDR Set as On, Autoexposure and EA set as OFF. Otherwise, at daytime the scenery looks like Aquarela and washed (lol). I did this test with Prepar3D.cfg as Default and with the posted changes.
Pat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

This thread has drifted far from the original MIA topic. Even though I (and I’m sure I’m not alone) would be very interested about the progress of the Comanche in MSFS 😜
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”