Honeycomb Alpha Yoke Switch Mapping

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke Switch Mapping

Post by GaryRR »

Has anyone successfully mapped the switch panel on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke to work with all the lights and switches in A2A aircraft? Would I need registered FSUIPC to do that completely?

Thanks.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke Switch Mapping

Post by twsharp12 »

GaryRR wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 12:18 Has anyone successfully mapped the switch panel on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke to work with all the lights and switches in A2A aircraft? Would I need registered FSUIPC to do that completely?

Thanks.
I've mapped the honeycomb bravo to various lights and switches with all the A2A aircraft using only the software provided by honeycomb. FSUIPC is not required (thought it can be used.)

To get you started, you could check out some honeycomb profiles people have already made and adjust to your preference from there. https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/f ... ls/page/2/

It's also helpful to watch the honeycomb tutorial on their software.

Good luck!

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

On looking at the aerosoft website, I only found one(!) profile that covers both the Alpha and Bravo sets. All other profiles are for the Alpha only. It seems that there is not much activity there regarding the GA aircraft. I am one of the early adopters of both devices and am still trying to find settings for many of the switches in the A2A aircraft. I have almost given up trying; it is possible to fly the A2A aurcraft with just the axes snd a few switches mapped but it is not satisfying, particularly after all the marketing hype around how easy it is to configure the devices.
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I recommend LINDA to do all that. In P3D v4 it requires UNregistered FSUIPC, the v5 version however requires registered FSUIPC. It has profiles for all A2A aircraft.

Another possibility is Axis and Oh's by Oliver Binder, it costs a bit too, I think it's around 20€, but it's incredibly worth it and supports all sims.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Hmm, MarcE, I am desperate enough to try even LINDA (although that is a step even beyond FSUIPC…)… if it helps to find truth😁
The Binder software is unknown to me; sounds intriguing…
Will report here.
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”