FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Kodiak73
Airman First Class

FS 2020

Post by Kodiak73 »

Someone on Orbx said a couple of weeks back that A2A was going full blast with development for FS2020 and had already released something for 2020. I hadn't seen any announcements, so I'm curious as to what is the truth?
Not that I could care less about FS2020, I'm still running Windows 7 and FSX. I don't have the desire or patience to put up with public beta testing.
Just wondering wether the guy has any clue as to what he was talking about. I'll check the store to see if there is any news. Thanks, Kodiak73(aka Dave)
Dave S
Remember ... its better to break ground and fly into the wind than to break wind and fly into the ground !!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS 2020

Post by Skycat »

Released something already? No. But A2A's resident artists were involved with the official Reno Races pack: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72996

There has been encouraging news about A2A's confidence in developing for MSFS though:
Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, thanks to our brilliant Michal Krawczyk and Mark Smith, we appear to be out of the woods with Accu-Sim and MSFS2020. It goes to show that there is almost nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it and don't give up.

Today for the first time, I took off and performed a bunch of maneuvers in the air, came back with a nice flare and landed in an all-new Accu-Sim Comanche 250. All major road blocks are cleared.

We were lucky, during this long dry spell of development the US military has been making huge use out of Accu-Sim technology as this has paid the bills at A2A. We have an Accu-Sim turboprop and turbojet already on the shelf that we can use for any future airplanes, thanks to this military development along with a lot of cool avionics.

So now that we have this Comanche 250 in place we can properly plan for MSFS development. Keep in mind that being brand new tech, systems and physics, it will take longer for this first airplane, which is why we chose the Comanche 250 since we know it so well. But once this airplane is out the Accu-Sim production line will be in place, so to speak.

Scott
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS 2020

Post by Skycat »

I'll add that other developers have now released MSFS versions of Warbirds that A2A are well known for in FSX:
- Big Radials released a P-40B
- Aeroplane Heaven released a Spitfire Mk.Ia

These similar aircraft or others may have confused the casual enthusiast. ;)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”