Reno Mustang in MSFS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Naki
Airman

Reno Mustang in MSFS

Post by Naki »

It's my understanding from what I'm reading elsewhere that A2A collborated on the forthcoming Mustang as part of the Reno pack. Is this true? Good news if it is!

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Re: Reno Mustang in MSFS

Post by thomas_mac »

Care to share where you've read this? :wink:

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

On today's developer Q&A w/ David Dedeine it was stated that A2A and Scott had worked on modeling for some of the P-51s.

Naki
Airman

Post by Naki »

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I saw the teaser last night and I wondered if that is the project Scott has been talking around. ...
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

You can watch the Dev Q&A here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1182115253
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Mhh now I’m intrigued. I actually might get the Reno package if A2A had their hands in it 🤔
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

When they said you can fly all the racers in free flight...I was sold. There's even a T-6. I wonder who could have made that! :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I think in the promo video it did state the P-51H. And that immediately made me think of A2A's H model they released a number of years back. Wouldn't be surprised.
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Since Asobo has gone public with this, yes, we helped by creating the 3d artwork for two P-51 cockpits for Microsoft. Michal Puto made the cockpit artwork for Strega and Robert Rogalski for Miss America. They enjoyed working on these cockpits and are pleased with how they came out. Just so there's no confusion, we didn't make any external artwork, systems, flight models, sounds, etc.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Very cool to hear! I was just watching the developer Q&A and heard the announcement.

As an aside, in that Q&A they go into quite a bit of detail on the Reno module and it looks very involved and like it could be a lot of fun. I’d really encourage anyone interested to have a look. The sim will time your laps and monitor for pylon cuts. You can race head to head, in time trials, etc. Anyway, pretty exciting if you’re into racing.

Two versions announced. One for $20 gets you one of each class airplane. The $60 version gets all the planes and all the variations - on the P-51 there are ridgebacks, bubble, and peanut canopy models, for example. Each gets their real world dash panels, wing tips, and other features. It will be interesting to see if you get to choose the 4 planes in the $20 pack or just get a standard set. (You can pick planes a la carte!)

Added: the planes will also be available as a class, one by one, etc. What you buy counts towards the full packages. Planes will also be flyable in regular sim. Crash detection in races! Crash planes restart at last “waypoint”. Will want to avoid crashes. No word on pilots intentionally ramming others but the waypoint penalty should drop them out of danger. Performance differences in the various planes within a class will not matter in quickmatch - all will fly the same. In free flight you get the actual plane’s performance.

If you haven’t bought all the planes, and someone else is flying a plane you don’t have, you will still see them in the plane they are flying. You just can’t fly planes you don’t have. Huge step forward in that. Sounds like this could be the situation in the larger sim as well but don’t know. There won’t be AI in races. Just humans. The timing functionality won’t be in the SDK for a while for others to build their own races. They say it’s a goal, though.

They won’t be allowing 3rd party planes or mods in the races yet. The plan is to work them in at some point. They plan to expand Reno. They weren’t originally going to allow custom matchmaking so at launch it sounds like you just get who you get to race against but say they are planning customizable races in a few months. They wanted to focus people on the competition sim-wide at first. Will not be an observer mode at release but they are thinking about adding that.

Also, the multiplayer code used for Reno is to be expanded into the full sim. For Reno it’s much more precise, probably easier since just 8 planes max per race. They showed a video of very smooth formation flight using the Reno code.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 06:37 Since Asobo has gone public with this, yes, we helped by creating the 3d artwork for two P-51 cockpits for Microsoft. Michal Puto made the cockpit artwork for Strega and Robert Rogalski for Miss America. They enjoyed working on these cockpits and are pleased with how they came out. Just so there's no confusion, we didn't make any external artwork, systems, flight models, sounds, etc.

Scott
part1 :)
part2 :(
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”