Post-Sim MSFS 2020 Update 5...any updates from A2A?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post-Sim MSFS 2020 Update 5...any updates from A2A?

Post by Waffler11 »

Couldn't help but wonder if there's movement now for A2A to move forward with any MSFS 2020 development now that the sim has had its much-anticipated update. I recall a post from Scott in another thread concerning a technological issue that needed to be resolved before being able to move forward with that or utilizing Plan B if the issue wasn't resolved, as he wrote. I don't suppose there's any word on that?

I'm (mostly) patiently waiting for the Comanche to hit the market so I have a properly realistic old-school plane and learn how to fly the needles. If it's not rude to ask, might there be a ballpark estimate for the timeframe?

Manu F-JOHI
Airman First Class

Re: Post-Sim MSFS 2020 Update 5...any updates from A2A?

Post by Manu F-JOHI »

Same here : I have to admit, I find myself going everyday on the A2A forum seeking for a real timeline about the future releases on MSFS...Really hope that technical issue was fixed by the sim update 5...
I guess A2A is probably the most wanted developper that still not have make any release on MSFS, I know that it will be ready when it will, but please give us something to wait! :)
This new update definitely goes into the right way, a lot of progress in the performances, wich is really quite something, considering it was already by far the best flightsim about performances...Now I can fly aircraft I was barely able to fly because of FPS impact, like airliners...
Anyway, hope we will soon have some new from you guys!

Best!

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Just have to be patient. The sim is still pretty young. How many years did it take to get product to FS2004, FSX, and then P3D? I'm not sure, but 1-year seems to be pretty fast. Like Scott said, once they do get the first one out, the products should release at a more steady pace.

Manu F-JOHI
Airman First Class

Post by Manu F-JOHI »

twsharp12 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 08:15 Just have to be patient. The sim is still pretty young. How many years did it take to get product to FS2004, FSX, and then P3D? I'm not sure, but 1-year seems to be pretty fast. Like Scott said, once they do get the first one out, the products should release at a more steady pace.
Sure I don't think we're pushing for a release right now, I completely agree about the fact an aircraft addon has to be polished and ready for the release. It's in our mutual interest that a developper won't rush the product to give in customer pressure, but I wish we could have some previews like other developpers do.
Last time A2A previewed some work in progress screenshots, it was 1 year ago about the Aerostar! I mean, you don't have to produce updates every weeks or every months, but one year is quite a lot!

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Sometimes you can get in a real pickle if you release too much development information and make any promises.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

twsharp12 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 14:45 Sometimes you can get in a real pickle if you release too much development information and make any promises.
How can a screenshot or two cause a pickle?

Don't get me wrong, it's A2A's prerogative to do what they wish when it comes to divulging info of any kind, if at all.

But...from a business standpoint, they could gain potential customers and satisfying existing ones (and enhancing brand loyalty) by whetting one's appetite for an anticipated add-on. There's no doubt that MSFS2020 is a runaway hit and third-party developers are rightly cashing in while the excitement level is high. It's now even higher with not just the recent update, but also an entire demographic using the Xbox platform!

It's just my opinion that I think A2A would generate some serious buzz if they publicly released some info and/or teases about their product(s). Maybe we'll learn something in September at FlightSimExpo as they are a Gold-level sponsor. That's only a couple of months away.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

twsharp12 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 08:15 Just have to be patient.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...a rare virtue around here, I'm afraid... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Waffler11 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 15:01
Well… what happens is someone sees a screenshot then goes and posts on another forum that release is imminent. Someone sees that and posts on another forum that they have it on sound authority from their sister’s friend’s cousin that it’s going to be released next month. That story grows legs on another forum. Three months pass by without release and the pitchforks and torches come out demanding release because A2A owes them because they promised…

(story edited for dramatic effect, but not by as much as you might expect)
Last edited by Mickel on 29 Jul 2021, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Interestingly, I was impatient around A2A releasing for MSFS.
However, after sim update 5, it's reminded me how unreliable msfs can be. Recently I've got back into p3d, so not as impatient for it now.

I can also understand why they would want to take their time ensuring they can produce an msfs plane that has all, and even more than, the usual accu sim brilliance.

A screenshot is nice, but I think the way A2A have handled it so far has got people talking about it, and wishing for it, without any screenshot.
Last edited by russellwwest on 29 Jul 2021, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Mickel wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 16:29
Waffler11 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 15:01
Well… what happens is someone sees a screenshot then goes and posts on another forum that release is imminent. Someone sees that and posts on another forum that they have it on sound authority from their sister’s friend’s cousin that it’s going to be released next month. That story grows legs on another forum. Three months pass by without release and the pitchforks and torches come out demanding release because A2A owes them because they promised…

(story edited for dramatic effect, but not by as much as you might expect)
I think that’s a bit far-fetched. Most people are smart enough to know that unless there’s a reliable and reputable source (like, straight from A2A or an interview with FSElite), anything else can be taken with a grain of salt. Have some faith in people!

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

russellwwest wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 17:57 A screenshot is nice, but I think the way A2A have handled it so far has got people talking about it, and wishing for it, without any screenshot.
I must kindly disagree. Many people get their flight sim news via web sites devoted to flight sims as well as gaming web sites. How are most people going to know about A2A apart from word-of-mouth? Don’t get me wrong, that’s the most powerful kind of marketing one can hope for, but that’s almost like catching lightning in a bottle. The circumstances and a confluence of things have to happen in order for that to take off.

The best way to generate buzz is to light a match and let it go from there (the match being an analogy for a screenshot or what-have-you).

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

19 november topgun mod... so if a2a will give some that time, well, we will can landing her to the carrier, and i have the offtopic question, in the topgun video was f/a-18e i guess, so, any knowledge, who the dev? if vrs do this for topgun that's would be cool, because they working at f/a-18f for msfs, and i preffer single seat... any way, if a2a mustang was first place what i wait for msfs, now she divide this place with topgun:)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I have a slightly different theory. I used to shut up on why and because as I don‘t like gossip but the more time goes by and after Scott‘s totally weird cryptic „I wish I could be less cryptic“ „someone has to deliver“ reply I think there might be some truth to it.

A2A are some sort of members, contractors, whatever with the new sim, so are Milviz. In a roadmap and „what to expect“ video Milviz shared some months ago they talked in their typical familiar way about how the SDK (back then) wasn‘t ready for them to do anything properly. In this video one of them mentioned behind the hand that they were by contract not allowed to say anything (!) bad or negative about Asobo and the new sim so he indicated it might be better not to talk about them at all. At the same time other developers, PMDG,A2A (?), Aerosoft constantly praise Asobo like they were the new gods of flightsim. With all due respect for other cultures and ways of lives and hopefully without treading on anyones toes here, I as a central European can‘t hear all that „our friends at Asobo“ anymore, all above since I have seen that video. To ME it rather seems that everone‘s frustrated with how it progresses and nobody is allowed to talk facts to their customers. I have (re)purchased ever single Accusim product for every sim except the mil Mustang for 64 bit and now I feel like I‘m left here with no idea how and when I will see one of my two favourite developers in the new sim. I don‘t think it has to do with any fear about people being too stupid to read correctly. Any information that doesn‘t come from the CEO or the respective PR person like eg. Lewis isn‘t worth more than a rumour and to be treated so. However I don‘t get rid of the feeling that all our developers would like to share their progress (or the lack of it) with us but are not allowed to say a word as long as they can‘t praise Asobo and the sim with it. That‘s what I read from RSR‘s statements together with that cryptic response from Scott and Milviz‘ video.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Well, there was briefly a post on here that got deleted shortly thereafter and I'm pretty sure it came from one of the A2A head honchos.

After reading it, it made A LOT more sense why we're not hearing much from A2A. They can't very well tell or show us of any progress because as it stands right now, they are in a holding pattern due to extenuating circumstances. They cannot very well show us progress if it's being held up.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Waffler11 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 18:18 I think that’s a bit far-fetched. Most people are smart enough to know that unless there’s a reliable and reputable source (like, straight from A2A or an interview with FSElite), anything else can be taken with a grain of salt. Have some faith in people!
You think? :D

When you've been around here long enough you'll come to realise that new products get released BANG! just like that. No teasers, no 'coming soon' no 'Get your diapers on', just a dignified forum post.
I really don't see that changing. :)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”