no alternator switch on Saitek switch panel?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

no alternator switch on Saitek switch panel?

Post by cessna lover »

sorry guys didn't know quite where to post this one here. but for the the Sky Hawk/Sky Lane the alternator switch on my switch panel doesn't work. is there away I can add that so that when I turn on the battery switch the alternator will come on as well? I may have posted this before I don't remember but there is is this here http://fstools.weebly.com/ I'm not sure if this will do what I want either.

cessna lover

Re: no alternator switch on Saitek switch panel?

Post by cessna lover »

:oops: can someone delete this thread. i jumped the gun and already found threads here about this. :oops:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No need to delete, for our forums at least having more than one search return is always a good thing and we prefer our community post and use, interact with the forums than rely solely on searching and reading like its some static website 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok well thank you. i just got done flying the Comanche which is a great handling plane. but the landing light switches are the same way. they don't work on my switch panel either. i'm not sure if SPAD would fix that or not? i have the switch panel working so i won't mess with it. lol

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes if using the saitek stuff you need to third party software to enable to added features for custom mapping, otherwise they will only work with default level aircraft.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 08:01 Yes if using the saitek stuff you need to third party software to enable to added features for custom mapping, otherwise they will only work with default level aircraft.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
oh ok thanks. i will just leave well enough alone. the switch panel is working and i can flip needed switches with my mouse any way so it's ok.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cessna lover wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 14:11
Lewis - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 08:01 Yes if using the saitek stuff you need to third party software to enable to added features for custom mapping, otherwise they will only work with default level aircraft.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
oh ok thanks. i will just leave well enough alone. the switch panel is working and i can flip needed switches with my mouse any way so it's ok.
What simulator do you use? There might be a free solution for your problem, it doesn‘t necessarily require spad next if it‘s only some switches.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

MarcE wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 14:39

thanks
Lewis - A2A
What simulator do you use? There might be a free solution for your problem, it doesn‘t necessarily require spad next if it‘s only some switches.
flight simulator x gold edition with the acceleration pack.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cessna lover wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 06:48

You could use LINDA to assign the buttons to the correct switches. It's available at Avsim and there are models for all the A2A airplanes available. It requires FSUIPC for communication with the sim, unregistered is fine. LINDA is freeware and works exceptionally well in FSX and P3D. and it's really easy to set up.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

MarcE wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 16:37
cessna lover wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 06:48

You could use LINDA to assign the buttons to the correct switches. It's available at Avsim and there are models for all the A2A airplanes available. It requires FSUIPC for communication with the sim, unregistered is fine. LINDA is freeware and works exceptionally well in FSX and P3D. and it's really easy to set up.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/
:D ok thanks when i get the chance to try it i will. but mother nature kind of put the kabosh on doing any computer work or flying for today :evil: supposed to storm here pretty soon. and it's supposed to be nasty

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

The Saitek switch panel really needs something like SpadNext to function as intended. Only trouble with that is the hit on framerates!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

makapala wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 03:08 The Saitek switch panel really needs something like SpadNext to function as intended. Only trouble with that is the hit on framerates!
well that's a bummer.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

SpadNext was developed as a replacement for the ancient and now defunct Saitek driver software. It works brilliantly bit does hit framerates. I tend to just turn down air traffic and other moving vehicles / boats to compensate a bit.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

makapala wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 15:10 SpadNext was developed as a replacement for the ancient and now defunct Saitek driver software. It works brilliantly bit does hit framerates. I tend to just turn down air traffic and other moving vehicles / boats to compensate a bit.
i know what you mean. i turned a bunch of stuff down to. but there are still some flights that my frame rate plunge.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”