A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

Post by cristi.neagu »

Just watched a very eventful SDK Q&A from Asobo. Turns out that they don't want the flight model to be completely overridden by external modules. They only want the model to be enhanced. I have no idea what that means for Accu-Sim, but i'm sure A2A will let us know when they think it's appropriate.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

cristi.neagu wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 13:36 Just watched a very eventful SDK Q&A from Asobo. Turns out that they don't want the flight model to be completely overridden by external modules. They only want the model to be enhanced. I have no idea what that means for Accu-Sim, but i'm sure A2A will let us know when they think it's appropriate.
Ouch. Back to P3D I go if that's the case.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

cristi.neagu wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 13:36 Just watched a very eventful SDK Q&A from Asobo. Turns out that they don't want the flight model to be completely overridden by external modules. They only want the model to be enhanced. I have no idea what that means for Accu-Sim, but i'm sure A2A will let us know when they think it's appropriate.
Did they say why?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

ClipperLuna wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:56
Did they say why?
You can see the response here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/995640952?t=0h58m52s

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Thanks Cristi Neagu. Their response was a little vague, but it seems like they want to retain control of the model themselves. Maybe they just don't want add-ons that modify the native model, but if an add-on aircraft brings one that's wholly its own (like an A2A plane) it can still override?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

No idea. Like i said before, i'm sure A2A will let us know if they can implement Accu-Sim in FS2020.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Let's hope so or we may have to start an online petition!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I can't say that interview impressed me to any degree. I get the impression Asobo are defending a position rather than actually listening. I am aware that a number of developers have told them what's wrong with their flight model and in once instance at least, that advice was ignored. So they want to retain control of the flight model. To what end??? They also say their flight model has been tested by real world pilots, but almost every payware release comes with the "flight model verified by real world pilots" and we here all know the veracity of that statement.

It is extremely difficult for computer programmers to understand the feel of flying a real plane, as few of them have ever flown. This is one of the failings of every flight simulator and why those of us who have will always choose Accu-Sim. Asobo have a chance to rectify that with this sim and to date, they have failed. MSFS is clearly an early beta product and maybe they'll get it right or close to right in the end, but it is vital they attend to this now as it will go to the long term success, or otherwise, of the sim.

If it turns out that there will not be an Accu-Sim model available for MSFS, then at best I'll only be an occassional user until the day comes that I need more space on my computer.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

marez
Airman Basic

Post by marez »

ClipperLuna wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 17:10 Let's hope so or we may have to start an online petition!
Definitely we must start an online petition in the foro of msfs2020 and all users of A2A must vote for it to put in the top 10 on the msfs2020 wish list

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

One thing i may have missed is: Did anyone at A2A ever say they're working with Asobo? I know PMDG have been quite clear that they are, but i don't remember hearing this from A2A. If they're not, maybe we can try and open up a channel between them and Asobo (if A2A wants to, that is - let's not create unnecessary work for them that they might not want), the same way the community did for AIG. I don't think there's anyone in the entire industry more qualified to talk about GA flight models than the folks at A2A.

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Wow...didn't intend to trlgger this long discussion, merely wondered if my present A2A Comanche I fly in FSX will also fly in FS2020 if I should decide to get it. I get the answer is no, the present model will not. OK, am satisfied with my present status with Orbix scenery and FSX and a great aircraft. Actually had a brother in law with a Comanche 250 who was very (repeat very) impressed with the flight characteristics of my FSX A2A model. I think the A2A aircraft are outstanding.
And I am going to wait for a while and let the FS2020 world shake out a while longer. Early Adoption in new flight simulators always leads to disappointment and some chaos, IMHO.
Thanks for the info and keep on with the great development.
Archive

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Archive88 wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 00:08 I get the answer is no
It's weird that you would reach that conclusion considering everyone here told you that it will be at least as good...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Archive,

I think there may have been a bit of misunderstanding of your original question. If you're asking if you can take the current FSX installer for the Comanche and use it to install and fly the aircraft in MSFS, the answer is indeed no.

However, the team are currently developing a version of the Comanche specifically for MSFS and let's just say a huge amount of effort is going into this project and in particular the flight dynamics. :wink:

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

cristi.neagu wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 03:23
It's weird that you would reach that conclusion considering everyone here told you that it will be at least as good...
Actually, the Comanche released for FS2020 will be well ABOVE the level of FSX.
Dudley Henriques

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 07:39
cristi.neagu wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 03:23
Actually, the Comanche released for FS2020 will be well ABOVE the level of FSX.
Dudley Henriques
I know! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72335#p551130 :D

So... is that confirmation that, despite the gloomy undertones of Asobo's SDK Q&A, as of right now, A2A is confident that there will be a Comanche for FS2020?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”