Too sensitive of rudder pedal

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
Steven190
Airman First Class

Too sensitive of rudder pedal

Post by Steven190 »

I have been trying to get my Simped rudder pedals to work with the FW190 and FSX.

They are too sensitive, making it very hard to takeoff. I have the tail wheel locked, but it is still too sensitive. I have gone into the settings, selected the Simped and the sliders are all the way turned down, both the null and the sensitivity. The slightest input the plane will veers, even with a very slow throttle advancement.

Is there another place to edit the rudders? In the plane config. or another file and what do you set the values to?

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

I am unfamiliar with these pedals, but if they include toe brakes which have caused you to tick the `reverse sense` box then understand that doing so ALSO reverses the operating senses of sensitivity and null zones.

So start with FULL sensitivity and ZERO null, and work from there until you find a happy medium.
Simon Evans

Steven190
Airman First Class

Post by Steven190 »

Thanks

I do not have toe brakes so it should be just a straight forward adjustments.

I have tried most of the slider positions. From full null and gain to no null and gain. Even at the "NO" the rudder is to touchy, than it should be. I have many hours in some high performance aircraft and in the game it is way too sensitive for the fW's. All Constance rudder input results is a sever veering to the direction the rudder is in. no matter what degree of input is uses from small to large amounts.

The slider in the setting does have some effect and does dampen the severity of the rudder effect , but it still is not right. Maybe I am being too critical, but taking a tour of all the airport grounds to take off is not fun.

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

This must be a foible of your setup, as I have never noticed anything like that on mine. The simplest solution is to reducwe the rudder sensitivity in the aircraft .cfg file:-

find the section called `flight tuning` and tweak the
rudder_effectiveness=1.000

DOWN to reduce sensitivity. Start at 0.80 and work from there until you find a happy medium.
Simon Evans

Steven190
Airman First Class

Post by Steven190 »

Thanks I will try this

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”