It took 5 years...

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
blackcat303
Airman Basic

It took 5 years...

Post by blackcat303 »

G'day all --

I have owned a licensed copy of the Fw-190D Long Nose and had it on 3 different systems.... It has taken me this long to realize that the tail wheel rotates backwards. My latest gaming platform is a Jetline, with plenty of power and ATi Graphics. Everything else works for all the different variants in FS9 and the model flies like it always has with the sliders ramped and the realism set to HARD. So... is there a fix for the tailwheel? Or do I need to take a look at my FS9 install and see if there is a cause for this little hiccup?

Cheers -- Blackcat303

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: It took 5 years...

Post by Scott - A2A »

I don't have FS9 installed on my dev machine atm, but my guess is this is a bug in the model that is unlikely to get fixed this far out.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

blackcat303
Airman Basic

Post by blackcat303 »

Hey Scott --

I have conferred with other "Dora Drivers" in the community and they have the same issue. No biggie tho... I spend more time in the air with the 190D than I do driving her around in the spot view.

Thanks -- Blackcat303

blackcat303
Airman Basic

Post by blackcat303 »

Just a few more questions regarding the "Long Nose". If you hit the "Shift D" to drop the tank... and if you are in the spot view, are you supposed to see the tank fall off? Mine doesn't work that way... it's stuck to the plane. If you go into the "Add Fuel and Payload" section in FS9 and remove fuel from the tank... does that make the tank visibly droppable in the spot view whilst in flight?

In regard to re-paints. I set up the new paint config for both "clean" and "drop tank" models. When I boot up the model in FS9, the tank shows up on both versions even though I specifically set up a "clean" version and a "drop tank" version by specifying the model type in the aircraft.cfg for the specific plane. (I.E. Fw-190D9, Fw-190D11, etc. This is just an example). Is this caused by the repaints... or is my install corrupt?

Thanks -- Black Cat

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”