Two Dora questions

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Two Dora questions

Post by WarHorse47 »

Hi everyone.

I just purchased the Dora this morning and was wondering if I also need the v1.01 patch or is the current download already updated?

Also, I noticed that the heading indicator always points South instead of North as with other FS9 aircraft. Is this normal?

Thanks

--WH

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Two Dora questions

Post by Scott - A2A »

I am not sure about the heading indicator maybe someone can weigh in, but you should apply the patch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Hi, Scott. Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and applied the patch. No problems.

I'm still trying to figure out how the heading indicator gauge functions.

With a normal startup, I now have the indicator arrow pointing North. However, I see by the xml script that its tied to the Nav1 setting.

However, if I set my Nav1 as I would for an ILS, the arrow is pointing somewhere other than the flight path of the runway I'm attempting to use.

Can someone provide an interpretation of what is supposed to do, so I can understand how it functions? Here's the coding..

<Value>(A:NAV1 Radial,radians) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro,radians) - pi 2 / -</Value>
Thanks

--WH

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The Heading Indicator has two dials, first one indicates gyro heading, the second one shows differance between gyro heading and direction to NAV station. For ILS approaches use ILS Indicator (with two vertical and horizontal needles) above Heading Indicator.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”