Missing Buildings after Fresh Install

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
Phalcon51
Airman

Missing Buildings after Fresh Install

Post by Phalcon51 »

I just did a fresh install of CFS3, including patches 3.1 and 3.1a, and then installed FP. While flying a QC I noticed from altitude what looked like a lot of streetlights in a town. On closer inspection it turned out to be missing graphics on many of the houses and buildings, leaving just a white outline (see pic below)

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Last edited by Phalcon51 on 18 Jun 2004, 20:57, edited 4 times in total.
I may not fly worth a damn, but at least I'll look good now in my spectacular flaming death spiral!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I can't see the picture here.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I don't get anything either ... other than a warning that I'm not authorized to view that page. :(

Phalcon51
Airman

Post by Phalcon51 »

I relocated the screenshot to another site - it should display now. Please take a look in the original post:

Thanks
I may not fly worth a damn, but at least I'll look good now in my spectacular flaming death spiral!

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

Did you try CFS3 before you installed firepower? And if so did you have this same problem?

Phalcon51
Airman

Post by Phalcon51 »

Well, I followed Scott's advice from an earlier thread and created different folders so I could run different mods and compare them. I've got CFS3 Stock, CFS3 Modified and CFS3 FirePower. I just ran the CFS2 Stock, which is a fresh install from the disk and then patched to 3.1 and 3.1a and, sure enough, the problem exists there too. I noticed that as the buildings get closer to the foregorund that the roofs or sides of the buildings would appear, and in some cases the whole building would appear. I don't seem to have the problem in the Modified version, but that was based on a completely different install and has been modified with files from Max Devil and Winding Man.

Any ideas? Do I need to start over and reinstall again?

Thanks

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”