expansion pack or not?

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
Juggernaut
Airman

expansion pack or not?

Post by Juggernaut »

Hello ppl, I was just wondering if the nice looking flight sim was a expansion pack or a game in itself? If so I will buy this flyboy tomorrow!

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

it is an expansion pack for MS CFS3.

Relant
Airman Basic

Post by Relant »

For sure it's an expansion pack. But to be fair, It turns CFS3 into a much much better product.
I'm a big fan of IL2 Forgotten battles. I have the ace expansion pack for that, and play it almost every day.
Since I have installed this expansion for CFS3, I haven't played IL2 for over a week.
There seems to be so much more atmosphere now. And there is all sorts going on. Tanks and trucks and living working airfields etc. There is all that in IL2, I know. But not in such abundance.
And doing a low level strafe over an enemy airfield at night, has just got to be the most exciting sim experience I have had at this moment in time.
The effects of flack and tracer fire exploding and reflecting off the wings and inside the cockpit is a fantastic effect.
Well worth buying CFS3 and the Firepower expansion for. that's what I did anyway. Got them both for under £20.00. Bargain at twice the price!
If you want to know the true character of a man.
Give him power.

Juggernaut
Airman

wow

Post by Juggernaut »

Thank you Relant for that post. I myself have IL2 and wanted to talk to someone who has played both to findout which one is more explosive! The IL1 and 2 games are great, but I always wanted to play bombers. This game looks like it offers that. Plus, the explostions look really great. But I just felt kind of bad(or maybe even dumb) having both IL titles and having to buy CFS3 and Firepower to play it. But if its worth it then I will get it.:)

Relant
Airman Basic

Post by Relant »

Your welcome Juggernaut :)

Also check out the link below. It has lots of tweaks for getting the game to run smoothly on your system.
I have mine running at 25fps with full detail now. When I first started it was 22fps with only half detail!!
Well worth a look.

http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=tweak&page=index
Give him power.

Juggernaut
Airman

Post by Juggernaut »

Wow, YOU Got both games for under 20 dollers, thats great. Question, Gamespot says Firepower came out on 06/11/04 and some of you seem like you have been playing if for awhile longer. Is there something I'm not getting?

Relant
Airman Basic

Post by Relant »

Well I'm from the UK. So I think it was released in Europe a while before the rest of the world.
Give him power.

Juggernaut
Airman

Post by Juggernaut »

So is the B 24 out yet?

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”