Frame Rates Still Drops...

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
Donya222
Airman Basic

Frame Rates Still Drops...

Post by Donya222 »

Believe me when i say this: I love this addon/product...the bullet hit effect and everything with that are to die for. Good job, i appreciate your guys' work.

However, before i get to the obviously stated problem, here is my comp. specs...(the parts that matter)
GeForceFX5700 Ultra 128MB,
1 Gig of Ram DDR,
2.4Mghz Processor,
68+Gigs of Hard Drive Available...

Basically look, i have Drive Cleaners, i defrag consistently, etc...my computer specs are not the problem here...i can run Doom 3 on Medium, with 2xAA, 2xAnistropic, and on 1024Resolution...This game (CFS3) is cake without FirePower, runs perfect on 5 settings, 1280x1024 resolution (my desktop rez too)...

Yet still, one problem that really bugs me is my menu screen (when American planes when starting up) is always slowing to about 10 FPS thanks to the B17 and B29...Mainly it is the B17...they are all lined up next to my airplane very dissorganized and ugly looking...i understand Scott you said you don't know how to fix this problem, but did it not say on the box/book something like "...The new planes even show up on airfields..." I'm most positive it did, anyway, that is a real problem after exiting a QuickFlight or Mission, etc...

What hurts even more is those B17s missions...as original and innovative they are for this game, remember, this game was created to cover the TACTICAL air war...not STRATEGIC. Which is what the B17 missions are covering. To sum up, they don't run smoothly; formations especially...plus, my frame rate dies to about 15 in missions.

I know this is a bit harsh, but please when reading these very words, scroll your eyes up to the first sentence and understand how much i really do appreciate the realism in effects these people brought to the game...

I'm not sure what i am asking here, just help i guess...i've uninstalled this more times than i can count, have patched it correctly everytime, and have even done some stupid stuff with the main computer too...anyway-thanks in advance for any advice.

Donya222
"My R & R thus ended abruptly, and I headed back to what had by then become, for me, the real world."
George Wilson

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

One solution to your UI screen is getting a noac facility mod that is around. it removes all the ac on the ground of the airbases. Some people have gotten this to help with framerates in the game when attacking the airbases but it will also help with this spefic problem.

Donya222
Airman Basic

Post by Donya222 »

Where do you find this mod? Thanks for your help!
"My R & R thus ended abruptly, and I headed back to what had by then become, for me, the real world."
George Wilson

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with these high-poly aircraft and the GeForceFX5700 cards. Something is odd, because these framerate complaints have just begun, and I think every complaint comes from a user with these cards.

If anyone has any framerate issues with the heavy bombers, please post here and also post what video card you are using.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mtv
Airman Basic

FP B17F and G FPS hit

Post by mtv »

Hi all, I have the same effect, whenever I am in the Fortress I lose somewhere in the order of 7-8 PFS. This does not happen so much with the B29A I only lose ~2 FPS. I have an FX5200 card and cannot afford to lose too many FPS or I get a slideshow! Hope that this hepls with the data gathering.

Regards, Matt.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:I am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with these high-poly aircraft and the GeForceFX5700 cards. Something is odd, because these framerate complaints have just begun, and I think every complaint comes from a user with these cards.

If anyone has any framerate issues with the heavy bombers, please post here and also post what video card you are using.

Scott.
I am having terrble problems with frame rates I had an Athilon 2000 and half a gig of ram. I was getting ok frame rates, but wanted to do better. I installed the Geforce 5700 and things improved somewhat. With the settings Jacked almost to the limt I was getting around 20 fps ocassionaly dropping to 12-14 fps. It was runing at 4x. Sooooo, I bought an Athelon 3500, an Asus A8V motherboardr and a gig of ddr ram. My son was jelous, but my frame rates went through the floor! I still get 20 fps when the plane is sitting on the tarmac, but as soon as I move, the frame rate drops to 1 fps, no matter what the settings are!!!!

GX007
Senior Airman

Post by GX007 »

Where do I check the frame rate speed?
GX

2DarkWolf2
Airman

Post by 2DarkWolf2 »

I take a frame rate hit with the firepower heavy bombers, but to me thats par for the course in computer gaming. The more complicated the object the more it's gonna drop your framerate. Thats especially true considering the firepower level of detail. The only issue I've had, and I've mentioned this in the other thread, is the B-17G. Anytime there are any non player G model forts in your view, it cuts the frame rate in half or worse.

I have a G4 Ti4200 64MB card myself.

2DW2

Smokey
Airman

Post by Smokey »

gx007, hit the Z key, you get a bunch of info in the uper
left corner of the screen. One of the items is fps.

GX007
Senior Airman

Post by GX007 »

Thanks Smokey.
GX

Mac
Airman

Post by Mac »

This might not be of any use but i had a GForce 5600 and my CFS3 kept crashing frame rate was between 10 and 20fps.On other games I had no issues at all.So I though I would buy a new card a GeForce 6800 GT 258 mb card and now the frame rate runs between 50-70fps on the full spec.
In the mean time a friend of mine ran a test on the old card and found there was slight damage to it.Have alook at your card make sureits clearof dust etc and also you could run a bench marker for your card here is the link below
http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark03.shtml
Download is free and it will test your card out to the full and give you a score and also tells you how to tweak your card

Hope this is some help

Mac

SgtWalt65
Airman

Strange

Post by SgtWalt65 »

I am running at max graphics setting and I am getting 42 FPS even in heavy combat. Worse its ever gone to is 28 FPS since installing Firepower.

Some Sys Specs:

AMD XP2800+ 333 FSB ( 2.1 Ghz )
1.5Gig Mushkin High Performance CAS 2-2-2 PC2100 SDRAM
Gainward Golden Sample GeForce FX5950 Ultra 256mb
4 x Western Digital 200Gig Special Edition HD's
Audigy 2 DX Sound Card
Chaintec Ultra Zenith Motherboard
WinXP SP2
Dx 9.01c

Farmer_Fred
Airman

Post by Farmer_Fred »

When you hit the Z-key to get your FPS amongst other things, that also eats up the frame rates.
Fred.

marklaur
Staff Sergeant

Post by marklaur »

Just for interest with the US bombers I drop down to 40 to 50 PFS with a Nvidia 6800 but with the German bombers with the glass fronts I still get over 100 PFS. It is all in the detail, so it appears.

Cheers MarkL

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's mostly about how many triangles a card can push.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”