flight modeling : the stall behaviour

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

flight modeling : the stall behaviour

Post by Dominique »

The plane is a jewel and the modeling seems to stick rather faithfully to the real flight behaviour.

Something I wonder though.

On Zeno's site flight training movie, the P47 is shown to stall by just dropping the nose keeping the wings balanced wehreas in a clean config the WoP drops a wing and tends to spin.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

the guy in the vid is probably on the rudder's religiously. i know the plane I fly, if your not, a wing drops :S

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

The POH says: "If controls are held in neutral, there is no tendency to spin, although the left wing drops rapidly, and the airplane will dive out and recover.

"There is a pronounced tendency for the airplane to snap to the left when stalled in a turn. There is ample warning of the impending stall, however, in the form of buffetting of the controls."

About spins it says: "During all types of maneuvers and spin demonstrations, it has been found that the airplane will never spin of its own accord, but must be forced into the spin by the use of elevator and rudder."

(The Zeno's training videos are definitely worth having, particularly if you own the Shockwave planes...)

AU

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

THORmx wrote: i know the plane I fly
I don't know whether you imply there that you actually fly a real life 47 but another example :

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... 24510/pg_4

So still wondering :)
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

alias_unknown_2004 wrote:The POH says: "If controls are held in neutral, there is no tendency to spin, although the left wing drops rapidly, and the airplane will dive out and recover.

"There is a pronounced tendency for the airplane to snap to the left when stalled in a turn. There is ample warning of the impending stall, however, in the form of buffetting of the controls."

About spins it says: "During all types of maneuvers and spin demonstrations, it has been found that the airplane will never spin of its own accord, but must be forced into the spin by the use of elevator and rudder."

(The Zeno's training videos are definitely worth having, particularly if you own the Shockwave planes...)

AU

Thanks, not wondering anymore :D ! It seems there's a slight discrepancy between the handbook and some real life experiences something which is not new...

Yes the Zeno's movie enhances a lot the pleasure of flying the WoP 47 and is a credit to her.
Dominique

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”