Need info before submitting problem to ATI and Compaq

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Jib01
Senior Airman

Need info before submitting problem to ATI and Compaq

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

Before I tell ATI and Compaq about my problem with the new notebook I purchased during Christmas, I want to verify that the textures for the 3D cockpit are on the system first.

Can you tell me what the texture file names are that place the texture in the 3D cockpit of the D22 models ? I need to make sure they are there. If they are in another model and are called from there I need to know before submitting a trouble report.

I am not getting any of the textures in the cockpit of the P47 on my notebook. I have the Radeon Xpress 200M graphics processor and 128mb ram to support it. I should not be having this problem. The FW190 is fine.

Are you using a different type of texture in the 3D cockpit ? DXT or something that is not recognizable by the processor ?

Regards
Jib01/02
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Bump

Regards
Jib01
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Have you tried re-installing the P47? That will insure the textures are in place.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

You need to talk to the 3D designer and find out what was different about the interior textures for the P-47 series from the rest of your aircraft. I tested the B-17, FW190 (both models), P-51 and all their 3D cockpit render fine. I tried the XP47 to see if it was different.

The P-47's 3D interior cockpit will not render with the ATI Xpress 200M for some reason. I have tried the same files on two systems and they work fine on my main system so nothing is missing.

It has to be the way the textures were designed. If nothing different was done to the P-47s compared to the P-51 then ????????????????????

It usually turns out to be something simple but in this case it doesn't seem to be. If you can get a hold of a notebook similar to mine and see if it happens to you. It's a Compaq M2305NR notebook. It has a Sempron +2800 processor and a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M grapics processor.

This one really has me buffaloed......

Regards
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Can you see other P47 pit textures or is it just the D22?
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

It is all P-47 cockpit textures. Gauges are fine. Just the internal Olive Drab and black boxes and panels and surronds.

Very strange indeed....

Regards
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Have you tried reducing the FS2004 graphics settings to see if they load? Also, do you have the latest video drivers?
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

I reduced the graphics on the aircraft and that makes no difference. I have contacted Compaq and now I have contacted Microsoft to see if they have had any problems with the ATI Xpress 200M processor.

Ask your designers how much more grapics and textures are in the P-47 vs the P-51 ? Maybe it is a main memory issure since I only have 512mb of memory I'm running the program with. I would assume that the 128mb of video memory would hold the cockpit graphics but maybe not.

Regards
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

K.M.
A2A Major

Post by K.M. »

Hi Jib01,

P-47 is much more complex from P-51. It have double polys in 3D model , have much more animations and use more textures. It is the same kind of textures (32-bit) like in P-51 model but need more memory. I have 128 MB video card and it work fine with maximum FS settings.

Have you any problem with external model textures?
Could you check your texture folder in main Fs directory - are there some files with name P-47_C*.bmp (* 0 to 9) in this folder?

K.M. 3D designer

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

K.M.

It goes like this.....

ATI says it's compaqs problem....
Compaq says it's microsofts problem.....
Now Microsoft says it's your problem.....

Someone is not telling the truth here. The only other thing I can think of it not enough main memory. I only have 640mb after the 128 is assigned to the Xpress 200m graphics processor. I took the same aircraft that was on the Notebook and ran it on my main computer and had no problems. All the files are in the texture area.

I even tried Capt Sims C-130 cockpit and it is fine. Are you using compressed textures that are not recognized by the processer ? I assume they are dxt and that is supported.

Did you see the screen captures I posted ?

==============================================================================================

P-47 is much more complex from P-51. It have double polys in 3D model , have much more animations and use more textures. It is the same kind of textures (32-bit) like in P-51 model but need more memory.

[When you say needs more memory, how much and would it be main memory it would use ?]

I have 128 MB video card and it work fine with maximum FS settings.

Have you any problem with external model textures?

[ No, external textures are fine.]

Could you check your texture folder in main Fs directory - are there some files with name P-47_C*.bmp (* 0 to 9) in this folder?

[Ahh haa, surprise, surprise. I know those textures are not in the texture directory of the notebook since I brought only the aircraft textures over. This may be the answer. I'll bet no one knows about this little surprise. Everyone assumes the textures are all in the texture folders of the aircraft. I will try this and let you know. Thanks loads]
=============================================================================================

Regards
Jib01/02

BTW, my parents on my fathers side were Polish. Jablonski.....
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

K.m., Scott,

That was it !!! All the textures are showing up now....but.....it looks like there are some objects that still do not have texture on either machine. There is a box and switch on the left side lower and a box on the right side lower that don't appear to have texture. Small problem but might be related to some missing textures. If you want I can send you a screen shot of the area in particular.

Were there any other textures in the main texture area that were not called P47.....bmp ?

Thanks again....
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”