Adding gauges to VC with FS Panel studio....?

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
FlyinBrian
Airman Basic

Adding gauges to VC with FS Panel studio....?

Post by FlyinBrian »

Hello. I was wondering if it is possible to add gauges/radios to the VC with FS panel studio. When I open up the program I can only find a bitmap for the 2d. Thank you for any help!

Brian
Virginia, USA

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Adding gauges to VC with FS Panel studio....?

Post by SD_Research »

FlyinBrian wrote:Hello. I was wondering if it is possible to add gauges/radios to the VC with FS panel studio. When I open up the program I can only find a bitmap for the 2d. Thank you for any help!

Brian
Virginia, USA
It is very difficult. The gauge positioning is done in a very different manner and there is no reference in FSPS for those gauge positions.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

What could you possibly want to add that's not already there?
Snuffy

FlyinBrian
Airman Basic

Post by FlyinBrian »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:What could you possibly want to add that's not already there?
Some COM/NAV radios...etc..I fly using the VC 100% of the time and would just like to have the radios visible and usable in the VC.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I don't know if Panel Studio can do this but you can replace existing gauge with another one changing the PANEL.CFG by NOTEPAD.
Change the name of the gauge, leave the coordinates intact, adjust the size if necessary. Sounds easy :)

Expect you won't get what you want. There are some limitation you can't go through.

But first, MAKE BACKUP.

regards
ROB

Black Cat
Airman

Post by Black Cat »

FlyinBrian wrote:
Snuffy_Hadden wrote:What could you possibly want to add that's not already there?
Some COM/NAV radios...etc..I fly using the VC 100% of the time and would just like to have the radios visible and usable in the VC.
Brian

You rase an interesting idea, and please forgive my lack of knowlege, but can`t you assign those functions to joystick control switchs ?

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”