New Update & Questions

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Black Cat
Airman

New Update & Questions

Post by Black Cat »

Thanks for the new update that allows us to remove the Rockets and Rocket Tubes.

I may be missing something, being new to FS 2004, but when I go into the FS 2004 change payload screen and remove the bombs, or tanks, they still show on the Aircraft. I assume this is a FS 2004 thing ?

If it`s that or "Pilot Error", :oops: would it be possible for a update tweek to the update to remove the bombs so we can fly/takeoff the AC in a pure Fighter mode instead of a Fighter Bomber configuration ?

Not update related :

Perhaps I`m missing something but in other threads folks are talking about ajusting the cowl flaps in flight. The push/pull function button in the VC lower right panel does not work for me. How do you get that function to work ?

Thanks

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Update & Questions

Post by Panther_99FS »

Black Cat wrote: I may be missing something, being new to FS 2004, but when I go into the FS 2004 change payload screen and remove the bombs, or tanks, they still show on the Aircraft. I assume this is a FS 2004 thing ?
1) There's a button on the 2D panel to remove the rockets/tubes
2) In the virutual cockpit by the stick, there are levers to arm and release the bombs and drop tanks...

Black Cat
Airman

Post by Black Cat »

Thanks Panther.

So the correct procedure to take off in a clean AC would be to use the Payload screen to set Bombs/Tanks weight at 0, which would then give you the correct clean AC weight, save it as a Flight, load that Flight and at take off use the 2D icon to remove rocket tubes and use the bomb drop levers in the VC to drop the bombs/tanks ( for visual effect only since they should already be a 0 weight ) ?

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

Black Cat wrote:Thanks Panther.

So the correct procedure to take off in a clean AC would be to use the Payload screen to set Bombs/Tanks weight at 0, which would then give you the correct clean AC weight, save it as a Flight, load that Flight and at take off use the 2D icon to remove rocket tubes and use the bomb drop levers in the VC to drop the bombs/tanks ( for visual effect only since they should already be a 0 weight ) ?
Right, and then save the flight so your payloads remain at zero for the next time you want to fly. You will still need to drop the visuals, though.

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

Black Cat:"Not update related :

Perhaps I`m missing something but in other threads folks are talking about ajusting the cowl flaps in flight. The push/pull function button in the VC lower right panel does not work for me. How do you get that function to work "

FS9 or WOP Key Command List...

Open Cowl Flaps ... Ctrl + shift + V

Close cowl flaps... Ctrl + Shift + C

I programmed those macros on my joystick buttons.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I've also noticed that one has to grab the lever and "push" it in ... in this case I have to drag a left click and hold mouse button more than half way up the windscreen to get the "push in" lever to push in.

Getting that stroke shortened would be nice.
Snuffy

dbr_p
Senior Airman

Post by dbr_p »

Snuffy,

Many cockpit levers, dials and switches can be adjusted with your MOUSE WHEEL, after they have been selected by clicking them.
Since this works for throttle, propellor, mixture, heading bug, etc, maybe this works with the cowl flaps as well but I haven't tryed it yet.
PJD

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Can the 'rockets' command be mapped to an FS9 key?

I currently mapped ?()^-W for the bombs and Shift-D for the tanks, so I can setup the aircraft before flight. It would be nice to know if I could map Shift-R for the rockets.

Thanks

--WH

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”