Two of Shockwave's finest - - -

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Thanks Red.

My trouble is I like em both, tho the 47 has more features. You can drop the bomb and tanks on the 47, where you can't drop the tanks on the 51.

I think SW needs clean versions of both someday. At least do away with the 47s rockets.

From what I've read here and there in the forums and from you Red, it looks like I'm leaning towards the 47 more and more.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I just always like the jug more than the pony. Its a testosterone thing! The jug is huge just looks major! The stang ... well she's a sexy lill thing, but just didn't see to be able to take as much punishment as the 47.
Snuffy

WND
Senior Airman

Post by WND »

Hello everyone!!! :)

Snuffy: Saturday is fine! :D "PM" me with a time / airport etc and I'll be there! Keep in mine that I only have FS9 with NO fancy addon scenery - I'll bring "Double TroUble" with tanks - see if we can get some good pics!!

GT and everyone: I'm partial to the Mustang! :) Worked on one for 8 + years, got a chance to fly one so I lean towards the 51!

However they both have their own good traits - I find the Mustang to be more responsive / less forgiving and much better at acro than the 47 but then on the flip side the 47 appears to handle better on the ground (because the gear is wider), much more forgiving and once you get going it just sits there like a rock!!! They both have their plus's / minus's and their both great airplanes! :D I suppose you could use the old comparison "Caddy vs Ford" or as my brother would probably compare "450 SEL Mercetes (sp) or a Ford"!

I enjoy flying them both - it depends on what kind of a flight I want to do which will dictate which one I take out of the hangar!!! Then again, every once in a while I jump into my Christian Eagle and go and get sick! :oops:

Anyways, I'm glad you all liked the pic - Redrooster did all the work - I was just sitting there on auto pilot - I'll see if I can get some better ones in the future!!
Bill

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

I went to order my IR3 Pro with the vectoring software today .... lo and behold, everyone is out of the vectoring software. NaturalPoint will have it out again sometime mid month. :( But, I can download it. :D
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”