Fuel low qty. warning light and else

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
sparow
Airman

Fuel low qty. warning light and else

Post by sparow »

I noticed low fuel quantity light illuminates at 13 gal. and less while warning placard states light will be on at 40 gal. and less. What is true?
Another question is about service ceiling.In fact P47M service ceiling is about 41000 ft while I somehow managed to reach 47000ft! (unstable with little help of autopilot at max. speed of 155 knots )
Final note, there is no ice crystals stream effect at high attitude.Is there any fix for this?Thanks for deleivering this great flight sim.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

There is a contrail fix over at the Out House I believe.
Snuffy

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You are right. We did not put this in the aircraft.cfg file, but the wop_contrail effect is in there.

Place this in your aircraft.cfg file:

[GeneralEngineData]
max_contrail_temperature=-25

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Fuel low qty. warning light and else

Post by SD_Research »

sparow wrote:I noticed low fuel quantity light illuminates at 13 gal. and less while warning placard states light will be on at 40 gal. and less. What is true?
Another question is about service ceiling.In fact P47M service ceiling is about 41000 ft while I somehow managed to reach 47000ft! (unstable with little help of autopilot at max. speed of 155 knots )
Final note, there is no ice crystals stream effect at high attitude.Is there any fix for this?Thanks for deleivering this great flight sim.
It's always possible to exceed the published combat or service ceiling. Those figures are for the altitude at which a certain rate of climb can be maintained, normally for civil aircraft it's 100 fpm but for combat aircraft the fpm value is usually quite a bit higher. So 47,000 feet is quite reasonable, especially if you just crept up there and did not have a warload.

As far as the gage, this is simply an adjustment in the .xml file. We were in error on that one, it just slipped by QC somehow. If you know how to edit the .xml files for gages, just change the value from 50 liters to 150 liters and you will be in business.

sparow
Airman

Post by sparow »

Tks gents for quick reply :D

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”