P-47D-20 Stand Alone....

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
blackcat303
Airman Basic

P-47D-20 Stand Alone....

Post by blackcat303 »

G'day all --

I currently have a copy of the SOLO version of the P-47D-20 and was wondering if there was a fix to get the wheels to stop flashing intermittantly. Other than that ... she's a real beauty and an excellent flyer. :mrgreen:

I originally purchased the Wings of Power P-47 Thunderbolt Pack from Flightsim.com back in 2008, but when I went back to re-activate that link from them for a re-install, I was given the "Solo" version of the WWII Fighters P-47D. Seems they have switched the original Wings of Power P-47 Thunderbolt Pack, for the WWII P-47D-20 Solo version. I really miss my XP-72 Ultrabolt (Superbolt) and the clearciew canopy variants of the "Jug"... :(

BTW, I'm new here but I have ALOT of your products... P-51D, FW-190D, He219, P-47D.... and the original P-51D/H.

Cheers -- Blackcat303

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

P-47D-20 Stand Alone....

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

We have never had a report of any flashing wheels. Because this isn't reproducible and hasn't been encountered before by the testers or customers it points to an error on your computer.

Try a reinstall as files maybe corrupt which could cause an error like you are seeing. The error also points to a graphics error, so it might be worth updating your video drivers, checking settings etc.

Thanks
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

blackcat303
Airman Basic

Re: P-47D-20 Stand Alone....

Post by blackcat303 »

Hey Lewis --

I tried a re-install... to no avail, so I just converted the textures to DXT3 without the alpha channel for the wheels and it cured it....(for now) :P The wheels and tires work just fine.

Thanks for the reply, mate!

Cheers -- Blackcat303

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just a quick thought. Are you running FS2004 or FSX? If FSX you will want the FAX patch for the WOP2 P-47.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

blackcat303
Airman Basic

Post by blackcat303 »

Hey Lewis --

I'm running FS9. BTW, mate... I re-procured the original WoP P-47 Thunderbolt Pack from you all.... So I now have plenty of "Jugs"... including the XP-72. I had quite a few repaints for the P-47D-22RE from the WoP P-47's, that should fit the -20 from the WWII Fighters P-47D "Solo". In an experiment, I went ahead and pasted one on the WWII Fighters P-47D, works just fine. Not real sure what the issue was with the wheels, but once in a while they would "flash" white and then back to black. In the blink of an eye. Probably a video glitch. The wheels on my copy of the WoP P-47's, He-219, the WWII Fighters P-51D, The WoP Fw-190D as well as my P-51D/H models never had that kind of thing happen... Strange. The texture mod cured the problem tho.

Cheers -- Blackcat303 :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”