Cockpit Details XP72 "Ultrabolt"

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Cockpit Details XP72 "Ultrabolt"

Post by Scott - A2A »

Guys, this package is enormous. Now with the Razorbacks, we have just so many models, and they are all so exquisite.

THis XP72 is just one huge, powerful plane. This aircraft has so much torque (not torque roll, but just brute force pulling power).

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Death_Eagle_571
Airman

Post by Death_Eagle_571 »

That looks awesome!!
Project Consultant - Luft'46 Design Team

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Very cool Scott :D
How fast have you gotten it up to and what is it's service ceiling?
Thanks for the new pics, that sure is one nice looking hot rod :D

redrooster.

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

I can't wait to "FEEL" the power. :D

Hawk

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Wings of Power XP47 Checklist:
http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/win ... _check.htm

XP47 Reference:
Wings of Power XP-72 Ultrabolt

The XP-72 Ultrabolt was to have been the ultimate P-47. Equipped with a massively powerful Pratt & Whitney R-4360 engine producing 3,400 HP for combat emergency, this plane could climb over 5,000 fpm and would have reached a top speed of over 500 mph. It was fitted with a low-drag NACA engine cowling and was fairly light in weight. The type never saw combat. Only two were built, one with a four-bladed conventional propeller and the other with twin, contra-rotating, three blade airscrews. The first was lost in a crash and the second was scrapped around the time of VJ-Day.

General Information - XP- 72 Ultrabolt

Empty Weight: 10,965 lbs.
Wingspan: 40.79 feet
Wing Area: 300 square feet
Normal Takeoff Weight: 14,739 lbs.
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 17,490 lbs.
Top Speed, altitude: 506 mph TAS @ 25,000 feet MSL
Top Speed, sea level: 387 mph TAS
Stalling Speed, clean (12,500 lbs.): 113 mph IAS
Stalling Speed, landing (12,500 lbs.): 100 mph IAS
Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-4360-13, 3000 HP for takeoff, 3,400 HP combat emergency
Armament: six .50 caliber machine guns
Weights and Loading

This aircraft has been set up with a complete array of station loads, including those for pyrotechnics and oxygen. The CG shift with differing payloads has been closely duplicated and the shift of weight with fuel consumption also duplicates the real aircraft very closely. By viewing the fuel and payloads menu, you can select what payloads you wish to carry and which ones you want to delete in order to fly at a specific weight. You can then save your flight with your payload and fuel choices. For heavier weights, use 15-20 degrees of flaps for takeoff and allow a longer takeoff run.

Aircraft Limitations

Maximum airspeed - 500 mph IAS (red line)
Maximum flap extension - 195 mph IAS
Maximum gear extension - 195 mph IAS
Engine Management

The engine will "load up" and foul the spark plugs if it is not kept clear. Keep your engine idling at 8-900 RPM while on the ground to make sure the cylinders are clean and to assure enough cooling airflow. If the engine idles below 600 RPM for more than one minute, it will die and will need to be restarted.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

lyco
Airman

Post by lyco »

im in awe at the Detail in these cockpit shots.. Truely amazing work from you guys at Shockwave.

:D

michaejlt
Airman

Post by michaejlt »

I totally can't wait to fly this uber XP-72.... :lol:

Best Regards

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Just to add a suggestion..... save the cockpit photos Scott posted of the Razorback and XP-72 for future reference on finding what's what. :wink:
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Probably not necessary since it will be in the manual I'm guessing.

redrooster.

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

GT182 wrote:Just to add a suggestion..... save the cockpit photos Scott posted of the Razorback and XP-72 for future reference on finding what's what. :wink:
I did that yesterday, the moment I saw them. :wink: :wink: ...

Along with the Checklist. (which I am putting into both expanded and abbreviated checklist form.)

... And I'm practicing with a P47 made by a lesser developer , doing Operational Training Unit familiarization,
and Engineering Test Flights, since I am not on Scott's beta list. :cry:

hknox
Airman Basic

Post by hknox »

Great stuff Scott!

There is only one small detail I am starting to question after seeing these great screen shots: That is the opacity of the canopy glass texture. The P-51 was the best Flightsim plane I have ever seen to model this so well.

It seems that your present canopy is almost totally transparent without the external curved reflections showing.

I would not even question Shockwave workmanship at this point were it not for the most excellent P-51 canopy.

Thanks again for the great care you put into these planes!

HKnox

K.M.
A2A Major

Post by K.M. »

Canopy glass has similar opacity and reflection to P-51. You can see it on external shot section. External shot starting this thread is poor to see this detail with light and ground texture combination. It is no difference between P-47 and other Wings of Power stuff at this point.

K.M.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I set the P-47 cockpit as my background. That way every time I use my computer I'm getting a refresher course! I'M READY!! Semper Fi, MudMarine

Jib01
Senior Airman

Shockwaves market....

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

This is Shockwaves market. Continue to develop planes like the P-51, FW-190 and P47 and they will sell. We all know the quality of your product and will always come back for more. The games are nice but aircraft addons are your niche. Hope to see more in the future. How about a good F4F or a really good SNJ. No one has a good SNJ and everyone loves to fly those. How about it ?

Regards
Jib01/02
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

I agree 100%. I have the Firepower addon for CFS3, the wings of power Bombers and jets addon for FS2004 and the P51 addon for FS2004 and every one of them is a great asset to each sim. I would love to get the P47 and FW190's to complete the set but money is a bit tight at the moment so I will have to hold out for a while. But all these posts and screenshots are killing me :cry:
Scott keep them coming mate.

SD

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”