I ordered this P-47N Pilot's Flight Operating Notes from Essco last weekend:Link
As you can see, the details about the product are somewhat vague including number of pages. I haven't found an alternative source for this document so I decided to order the print version even though I prefer color scans.
The manual arrived in a ridiculously oversized brown cardboard box, at least three inches thick, sealed tightly with packing tape. The manual itself is a total of 36 numbered pages so in reality it is 23 sheets of bond paper sandwiched between two sheets of thin yellow cardstock. All of the pages are reproduced in black-and-white only. The booklet was wrapped in plastic wrap. The extra space in the mailing box was filled with crumpled paper. The manual arrived completely undamaged.
My primary concern was how well the original illustrations were preserved. The print quality is a bit more contrasty than the example page at the product's website. I am a bit disappointed that the photographs all have a slight halftone or cross-hatch pattern throughout them. The photos are of reasonable clarity but some of the fine details are lost or look pixelated. Overall, the quality of the photos is acceptable but I think they could have been rendered a little better.
The text itself is clear and easy to read. The pages are centered and free of distortions; in general the booklet is a good facsimile of a mint condition original document. The operating charts, tables and curves in the appendix are very legible.
Anyhow, I thought I'd post this mini-review in case anybody else is considering getting manuals from this company.
Big, Powerful, and Heavy
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest