where is emailed install key ?

new reply
foxhole
Airman Basic

where is emailed install key ?

Post by foxhole »

Hello.
I bought BoB2 yesterday around 3pm. While going though the process I could not print the billing page since I do not own a printer and did not record the info by hand because it said it would be emailed to me as well on the billing info.

I cannot seem to find anywhere to log back into the billing which I though a account was created with you since you had me make a user name/ password, and gave me a user name/ password and a install key. I am confused with your digital service, seems it just differs greatly to other digital services I have used or use monthly. Which basically once the purchase is confirmed one can play the game and all information is given and can be accessed later.

I have emailed you, which then turned into automated reply which asked me to reply to get a reply saying I was accepted to some whitelist and I am not a spammer. I then made a account here for the forum and have to wait up to 24h to be accepted. Why not just use the account I created with you, be use in the forum, and your email list then you know they are payed in full customers ?(ie like not pirates or thieves)

It is now Monday midnight and no key and no reply to emails.
Not sure what else to do?
I am sorry if I sound a bit testy but I kinda expect when my money is taken within two minutes of clicking purchase that I cannot get the key that says will be emailed to me, be emailed within 33+ hours ?
Plus coming home after 14hours of work to have your only thought all day of getting home, grabbing a hot green tea, cigar and go fly some WW2 in 6dof messed up.

Thank you for your help.

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

Exactly the same thing happened to me sunday.

Sent emails to info@shockw... and support@shockwa... about it but no response after 36+ hours.

After previous excellent service when ordering the P-51 for FS2004 I'm rather disappointed by this.

note: just got a message saying I've been added to the whitelist, that took only a few hours. Hope the problem can be resolved swiftly.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys sorry for the delay,

I think we have had some online issues as for me yesterday the entire shockwave site went down for ~15mins yet over in the US all was fine for scott.

Also can I please ask you to check any junk mail filters you may have on as I have recieved no emails for support, but alas this may also be due to net problems although lewis@sho.. and activate@sho... are working a ok as I activated you on the forums.

We are a small dedicated company that do our best and we know somtimes as you have said it can be testy as thanks to the net we have a worldwide customer base which can be hard to keep track of, and we can only apologise for this. I have flagged this for scott's attention ASAP.

In a perfect world we could open activations and make registering as simple as a click however we were unlucky to get burnt by a few hackers and a lot of spam bots so we had to introduce the current manual email system, which keeps the nasties out. You will also be glad to hear, no doubt, that currently in the works is somewhat of a facelift for shockwave which should help automate the current system and make problems such as your own much less likely if at all.

Again I apologise for your trouble and it will be dealt with ASAP.

Cheers,

Lewis and the Shockwave Team
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

got a message from the junkfilter on support@ that the email has gone through at around 1314Z today.
If it hasn't something's wrong with the setup of your automated filters that handle the whitelisting of incoming mail on your end.

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

Thanks for sending the ID. Should get around to installing the thing sometime tomorrow.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I talked to Scott about this issue and he said he would make some procedure changes to prevent it.

We are sorry about your inconvience and hope you will enjoy BOBII.

Foxhole did you get your ID as well?
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

foxhole
Airman Basic

Post by foxhole »

Thank you for the reply, and service!
Got home and found a email with the information needed.

So all is well. I thought there was something weird since there are so many people who are pleased with your service and products. Hope the others got there key also.

Now to get it all set up and get no sleep tonight.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”