BoB not working with Windows 10

new reply
mtvexl23
Airman Basic

BoB not working with Windows 10

Post by mtvexl23 »

Hi I kind of dropped out of the scene but a young lad is interested. I had BoB wings of victory installed on my win 7 pc and it worked lovely which got him interested but now that I have installed/upgraded to Win 10 (on the same pc)I'm getting no joy. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and I'm getting the same message "Battle of Britain English text has stopped working". Yep that old nugget. I can't remember how I got round this before as I have experienced it, but it was with the help ofA2A members. The pc is the same, same graphics card just that it has been upgraded to Win 10.
Maybe someone else has encountered the same so might be able to help. Thanks for looking Michael

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Re: BoB not working with Windows 10

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Hi Michael.
Have you seen this thread in BoB2's General Discussions section?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68917 - Thanks to Felizpe's patch BoB2 can run successfully in W10 but only up to version 2.06. Have a look at the thread for the instructins including page 7 which has a link to the 2.06 fix to enable the patch to work with BoB version 2.06 (depending on what version of BoB2 you are ruinning of course!).

Version 2.06 and earlier are able to run in W10, including the campaign mode using Felipze's patching. He has been an absolute saviour for BoB2!

I hope this helps.
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”