windows 10 CTD straight after lloading screen

new reply
agathosdaimon
Airman Basic

windows 10 CTD straight after lloading screen

Post by agathosdaimon »

hi!
I am hoping someone may point me to the right thread, there are so many and i have already looked through a few, but dont see any with my exact issue - i have BOB2 2.13 installed and i have its compat as winxp sp3 - as anything higher and the game has no text on instant action option and CTDs soon after. - with the xp compat on i can get to the fly option and the screen then has cliffs of dover loading screen image and some text (garbled in some instances), but then it just quickly crashes yo desktop , i dont even see any of the 3d graphics at al before the ctf happens

agathosdaimon
Airman Basic

Re: windows 10 CTD straight after lloading screen

Post by agathosdaimon »

actually this can be ignored as i have found just using the BOB2 2.0.0 version works in Windows 10 for me satisfactorily enough

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I wonder what would happen if you installed 2.13, then just dropped the 2.0 exe on top of it -
in the best case, you'd get the working game plus a decade of massive eye candy improvements.
I have no idea whether our changes would make this fail, as of course it wasn't anything we
considered.

agathosdaimon
Airman Basic

Post by agathosdaimon »

that could be worth experimenting, but would rhe alt-x ctd issue present itself? I like that version 2.0.0 isnt afflicted by this as such a thing is gamebreaking for me

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

As far as I know, all the win10 compatibility issues are in the exe. However I
can't remember if we had other mechanisms which we introduced which would
break the interaction between the exe and the ancillary files. There might be
graphics files in the later versions which would be too big for the 2.0 exe, for
instance.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”