Changing Window Size in Windowed Mode

new reply
Eisenfaust
Airman

Changing Window Size in Windowed Mode

Post by Eisenfaust »

Hi guys,

in my quest to run the game on my laptop (w10 only) I tried windowed mode (through bdg.txt)

Results so far are basically positive (I did a solo flight over calais for several minutes and alt-x'd me back to menu without the game crashing)

However regardless of resulution I choose in the options the 3d mode is extremly small (1/5th of my small laptop screen)

I tried enlarging the window by mouse - which llead to the same size 3d window in a larger alround game window :)

Halp would be appriciated!

PV
BDG

Re: Changing Window Size in Windowed Mode

Post by PV »

Windowed mode seems to be fixed at 800x600. BDG activity is at a pretty low ebb these
days, I don't believe we have expertise on board to be able to change this. We'd much
rather fix the program to be compatible with win10, but we don't have personnel around to
do that, either. The popular solution seems to be to have a dual boot to W7. I've been watching
the cost of SSDs subside gently recently, and I'm thinking that a 1TB SSD would make
plenty of room for a W7 partition on a laptop, when it gets cheap enough. Consider it a
bonus alongside getting a faster boot time.

Myself, I have simply never moved beyond W7 on either my desktop or laptop, so it hasn't been
an issue for me.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Re: Changing Window Size in Windowed Mode

Post by Boreas »

I also believe that a dual boot with win 7 sounds like the best solution. A thorough understanding would be needed before expanding an existing system. Have just tried Borderless Gaming and Shiftwindow with BoB2 but the results at least on my system were not of any help.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”