AI Flight Model

new reply
scoochy
Senior Airman

AI Flight Model

Post by scoochy »

I understand that the AI Flight models are simplified when further from the player, but when I am on his 6, close range, and he is flying like a laggy online game, it's gets frustrating....and looks silly.

Anyway this can be looked into?

Also, a little ping and metal impact hit when getting shot up would also be nice.

Not meaning to put this as a "Hey I want" List...just thought these things would be a staple in modern flight sims, and may have been overlooked or forgotton.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

scoochy..
I understand that the AI Flight models are simplified when further from the player, but when I am on his 6, close range, and he is flying like a laggy online game, it's gets frustrating....and looks silly.
Er.. "laggy online game" :?: Pardon me, but I am not an onliner, and as an American, my English is substandard. Could I get a translation? :)

I think you may be refering to the RTB (return to base) behavior that enemy aircraft exhibit since Rowan days.
That is, when an AI unit gets a RTB command, they break off combat
TOTALLY! and fly merrily off to base.
You can shoot at them, whereas the one shot at banks away, but rejoins his flight and ignores me. No counter attack.

You can blow these boys away one by one, but is like sneaking up on a grouse on the ground and shotgunning his head off!
Really bad sport. :D
So when I pursue a RTB formation I take 1 good shot at one of them.
If he goes down fine. If the others ignore me, then I break off the attack.
I want a fair fight, and have never "ground sluiced" a grouse, as we say in Montana. :wink:
Also, a little ping and metal impact hit when getting shot up would also be nice.
I get the pings, but now heavy sounds.

Aloha!

scoochy
Senior Airman

Post by scoochy »

Seeing the lack of replies, I am the only one seeing this. But I will explain anyway...

Ona bogies 6, he's flying straight out, then the aircraft will turn sharply like he is banking or applying some massive rudder, but continues to fly straight. Other times with no indication of pitch change, he will start climbing, and snap back to his original spot in the air....among other anomalies.

Very frustrating, expecially when close on him.

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

That sonds like an odity for you only. Don't understand what might cause that, but I'll raise it.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

That is the same thing thath I was asking about in the other forums. When I asked if it had been fixed... I was refering to the oringinal BOB and I had asked if it had been fixed in this one... You told me it had... There was also another post refering to the same thing as well in the other forum.

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=2079

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=2098

scoochy
Senior Airman

Post by scoochy »

James, I wish I was recording for you so you can see this stuff....on a fighters 6 when he had turned completly sideways to me and seemed to have stopped in mid air. Had the same thing happen when I was following one in a dive. Looked like the part in "Top Gun"

"I'm gonna hit the brakes, and he's gonna fly Right by me"

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

What aircraft and mission was it?

scoochy
Senior Airman

Post by scoochy »

Was having fun in Turkey Shoot. No changes made, just clicked FLY.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”