Saitek Config Question

new reply
Geezer Gamer
Staff Sergeant

Saitek Config Question

Post by Geezer Gamer »

I swear I used to be able to program all the function keys on my Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, but for some reason the shift keys on the keyboard base (left shift / right shift button) are no longer programmable only usable as shift keys. Even inside BOB if I tap these keys to try and assign a function they don't get recognized

I don't use them as shift keys.

It has been a long time since I configured the joystick, I must have clicked something wrong.

Any thoughts?

MadRobbie1
BDG

Re: Saitek Config Question

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Geezer,

I know it's a long time since your above post, but did you ever get this solved?

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

Geezer Gamer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geezer Gamer »

wow..that was a long time ago. I believe I got an answer from Saitek's website, but I have since replaced the joystick too so not a current issue for me.
sorry for not being too helpful, but couldn't find my old posts on Saitek either.

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Geezer Gamer wrote:wow..that was a long time ago. I believe I got an answer from Saitek's website, but I have since replaced the joystick too so not a current issue for me.
sorry for not being too helpful, but couldn't find my old posts on Saitek either.
Hi Geezer,

Not to worry Sir.... pleased to say I'm not in need of the answer myself, but I've been a long time user & fan of Saitek kit and their programming software, and just thought I'd give you a shout and see if I could lend a hand as I know sometimes us flight simmers come across problems but with a little stubborn ingenuity we sometimes fudge a workaround and get set in our ways if we don't find a concrete solution after a little while :wink:

May I ask what you went for to replace the Saitek and how you're finding it? Never does any harm to know others thoughts on different joysticks and the like :D

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

Geezer Gamer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geezer Gamer »

Combination of things happened. I rebuilt my machine and was having dinputs error messages ( relates to input devices and direct x) and thought maybe it was the joystick. I bought a very inexpensive Saitek replacement stick ( Cyborg v.1 ) to use temporarily to see if the stick was the problem. Proved not be the stick, but the new stick which is not force feedback had such a nice stiff spring and so simple that the old one felt sloppy to go back to it...so alas let go of force feedback for now. I have a saitek quad and ch foot pedals so between the three of these devices and trak ir I have plenty for WWII and WWI sims

To be honest the new build seems to have some buggy issues with my older games. It works flawlessly on ROF ( has never crashed since I loaded it!) but on BOBII I get these dinput errors about once everytime I play that drops you to desktop. It relates to DirectX but after reloading the operating system many times and much troubleshooting, I gave up Unfortunately the end result is I don't fly BOBII anymore. I miss this forum because the leaders are so helpful and thoughtful.

To give you more than you want to know, with ROF multiplayer, I am trying to work my way onto an organized squadron flying "on probation" for six months...whole new experience for a non-multiplayer guy

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

that's a shame Geezer gamer. Generally BoBII is so well debugged now that it's local user environment that's the issue. Random crashes outside BoBII will be very hard to debug. If you get any further clues, do let us know!
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Geezer Gamer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geezer Gamer »

Well I still troll this site regularly and in the back of my mind at some point I will replace XP with Windows 7 and it would not surprise me if this problem went away at that point. I sing the praises of BOBII whenever I get the chance (especially the AI). I went back to look and my first post was July 2007...almost three years ago! I suppose that's not that long for the guys on this forum, but the time does go by.

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Hi Geezer Gamer,

Sorry to hear you have been having so much problems.

If you're willing to try again. A couple of bits of information that might help. 1. When you upgrade with 2.11 and it asks you to upgrade the DX. Do allow it to upgrade. Do not manually upgrade, as it will not do it correctly. 2. This is from experience after putting battle of Britain two back on three times. Do make sure all your programs are set to manually update, except your virus program. I found three of my programs were set to auto update. Two of them I am 100% sure that I had set to manually update. It seemed they had reset themselves to auto update. The third program I do not remember setting to manually update. So I am guilty of that one.

I hope you get it working correctly this time.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Geezer Gamer wrote:Combination of things happened. I rebuilt my machine and was having dinputs error messages ( relates to input devices and direct x) and thought maybe it was the joystick. I bought a very inexpensive Saitek replacement stick ( Cyborg v.1 ) to use temporarily to see if the stick was the problem. Proved not be the stick, but the new stick which is not force feedback had such a nice stiff spring and so simple that the old one felt sloppy to go back to it...so alas let go of force feedback for now. I have a saitek quad and ch foot pedals so between the three of these devices and trak ir I have plenty for WWII and WWI sims

To be honest the new build seems to have some buggy issues with my older games. It works flawlessly on ROF ( has never crashed since I loaded it!) but on BOBII I get these dinput errors about once everytime I play that drops you to desktop. It relates to DirectX but after reloading the operating system many times and much troubleshooting, I gave up Unfortunately the end result is I don't fly BOBII anymore. I miss this forum because the leaders are so helpful and thoughtful.

To give you more than you want to know, with ROF multiplayer, I am trying to work my way onto an organized squadron flying "on probation" for six months...whole new experience for a non-multiplayer guy
Thats a shame Geezer, but of you do feel like giving BoBII another try after seeing the advice given in the other posts above, please feel free to PM me or post back in these forums if you need any help with setting up your Saitek kit or using the programming software and I'll be happy to lend a hand wherever possible.

ROF is a very nice piece of work! Have it myself, though I'm still very much the novice in it! I haven't really tried much in the way of air combat as yet, just spending a bit of time mooching around the skies in different aircraft and just trying to figure out their own little vices :lol:

It has to be said the environment in ROF is beautifully done. Good luck with the multiplayer side of things though, I would imagine that will really test your mettle :D

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber

Geezer Gamer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geezer Gamer »

update...did load 2.11, follwed all the detailed uninstall / install instructions, was very careful on the direct x update. Made a point to not update when I loaded from the original disk, but allow the update on the 2.11 install. Thought that might make a difference.

Hasn't crashed so far, but have not played to heavily just yet

will keep you posted if it stays clean!

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Pleased you've got it running. Lets hope it stays that way.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”