Multiple Controllers

new reply
Roger58
Airman

Multiple Controllers

Post by Roger58 »

I have a Sidewinder stick, a set of Pro Peddals, and a Throttle Quadrant. Installing these in FS2004 is easy because mutiple controllers are built into the set up menue.

I've notice some people have multiple controllers listed in their signatures.

Can you use multiple controllers with BOBII? How?

Buddye
BDG

Re: Multiple Controllers

Post by Buddye »

Yes, you can have multi controllers in BOBII. You might want to read the sticky threads on the BOBII General forum, Technical forum, and Q&A forum.

Here is a link to get you started:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=2241

You can also look at the controller chapter in the User manual here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 17&t=10938
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Roger58
Airman

Post by Roger58 »

Let me give a little better description.

The Siderwinder has an x, y, and z rotation axis with a slider that I suspect is just z.

Pro peddals have a z axis for the peddals and an x and y for the toe brakes.

Throttle Quadrant has x, y, and z axes and x, y, and z rotations for four trottles and a mixture and prop control.

Obviously you can't use them all unless there is a utility that can recognize and seperate them because the instant you throttle up the Trottle Quadrant set up becomes the control defaults. I've tried this again and again in CFS3. The windows team should be ashamed of themselves.

I have asked this on boards about IL2FB and CFS3 with no results. I am told I need this or that utility that no one quite remembers the name or for which there is no link or site. I believe that I and the others are not understanding one another.

MS Windows pre-maps these axes as far as I can tell. So MS FS2004 has some type of utility to seperate all the joy stick maps right in the program.

I will read the manual again as you suggest in the one thread. And get back to this. UNless you want to tell me that I don't understand controllers.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

We have 100's (maybe 1000's) of player who have multi controllers.

I personally have two (ch fighter stick and CH pro peddles) that work super for me (I do not have the toe breaks set up as I do not use breaks when landing).

You just must understand the controller interface and follow the software rules (see the controller doc and tips) to set up multi controllers. BOBII like all flight sim's does it differently.

As I said many have already done it and are flying fine.

You may have some trouble setting up your controllers (some do as they have trouble understanding the procedure/rules) but you should be fine.

BTW, I also fly IL2, OFF3, and ROF using Multi controllers without issues but set up takes a bit of understanding and some help.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

The answers to your questions lie in 'Retro's' excellent controller tutorial starting on page 40 of the 2.08 manual.

To put it simply, yes you can have multiple controllers in use at the same time and yes they are easy to set up once you UNDERSTAND the procedure. It's the understanding part that most people seem to have difficulty with. You need to select the 'Custom' option and assign each axis separately. It's a repetitive process but not a difficult one.

Read the manual, follow the steps religiously and you will have all your controllers set up in no time.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

:) I too have a x52 hotas and rudder pedals,once you read the manual i can get my set up within the game up and running quickly .The main problem is actually the controller profiling,not the sim.
Please and Thanks often works wonders as well :wink:

Roger58
Airman

Post by Roger58 »

Well, it took some time but I have the peddals working the rudder two throttles assigned I assume the "right throttle" is for the right engine and the "throttle" is the left engine in two engine planes. The same is true I assume of the prop settings. And all my stick does is controll the elevator and ailerons.

Now could you please tell me why setting those up appears to have shut off the sound in the the cockpit?

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Did you mess with options->Sound ?

Do not mess with Option->Sound.
Buddye

Roger58
Airman

Post by Roger58 »

Didn't mess with the sound except to turn of the movies maybe that did it. Decided I will remove and reload.

Roger58
Airman

Post by Roger58 »

I guess turning off the bugle blowing movie fiddles with the sound somehow recause a reload fixed it. I never fiddle with sound files because I know too little about how sound drivers work. I just know how to test sound with dxdiag.

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

Turning off the movies shouldn't interfere with the sound anywhere else; I have them turned off and all other sound is OK :? Did you try turning them on again before you re-installed (I'm presuming that's what you mean by reload?) to see if that returned your cockpit sound?

You may have had a bad initial install, so it might be worth trying turning the movies off again - they are annoying after you've seen them a couple of times.
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

As he has been playing with setting up keystrokes and controllers he probably has hit a key somewhere and inadvertently turned or changed a setting.

Roger58
Airman

Post by Roger58 »

Yes Sir. I turned the movies back on before I uninstalled and reinstalled. The movie sound came on all the clicks outside the cockpit worked too.

Now the second theory sounds more plausible.

This Microsoft key board is about 50% larger than the old HP generic keyboard (they changed the imput plug :? ) and it has strange bells and whistles like an F-Key lock and unlock and keys whose function I have no idea about. They can't put a manual in the box so you have to wander around the MS site and hope you stumble across something. :roll:

So maybe I hit the wrong key.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”