Version recommendations please

new reply
Charlie Alpha
Airman First Class

Version recommendations please

Post by Charlie Alpha »

Hi Guys
A little assistance as to which version I should upgrade to please.
I have an old computer running Windows 7 An Intel 64 bit (R) Core TM i3 CPU 550 @3.2 GHz processor my graphics card is an Nvidia Ge Force GTX 660 Ti 2.8 GB and 2GB RAM.
With this system I ran 2.11 on moderate settings a number of years ago.
2.13 would make my system collapse I am sure but what about 2.12?
Any suggestions welcome
Happy Flying
Charlie Alpha

"My Dear Fighter Boys,
I cannot hope to surpass the simple eloquence of the Prime Minister's words, 'Never before has so much been owed by so many to so few.' The debt remains and will increase." ACM Hugh Dowding

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Re: Version recommendations please

Post by Boreas »

I have 3 old win7 , vista and xp computers all using i7s ranging from 2.7Ghz to 3.4Ghz and RAM between 4gb and 32gb and various screen resolutions. They all seem to run bobii about the same even with my laptop where it will only run reliably with the onboard itel 540m graphics. Better graphics cards seem to make little or no difference. On maximum settings in 2.13 they will all get a bit too slow occasionally when there are many nearby aircraft buildings or trees. But I don’t think the patches alter the game fundamentally although there might be better ai, higher resolution textures and scenery, more ground objects more aircraft skins and so on. I haven’t checked and could missing something but 2.13 might be worth a try as all or most of the extra burdens on RAM and CPU might probably be eliminated by initially disabling the multi-skin from the the bdg.txt file settings and then object density, texture quality and horizon distance could be turned down a little initially from the main menu before loading testing missions. Hope this is worth a thought anyway.

Charlie Alpha
Airman First Class

Re: Version recommendations please

Post by Charlie Alpha »

That is great Boreas thank you very much for taking the time to reply
Happy Flying
Charlie Alpha

"My Dear Fighter Boys,
I cannot hope to surpass the simple eloquence of the Prime Minister's words, 'Never before has so much been owed by so many to so few.' The debt remains and will increase." ACM Hugh Dowding

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”