FW 190 & Long Nose Opnions Please

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

FW 190 & Long Nose Opnions Please

Post by cflord »

I would like to add the FW 190 Butcher Bird & Long Nose to my WWII fighter inventory and would like to get a few opnions from you guys on these birds. Do you like them? Do they fly well? etc. All opnions welcome and would be helpful.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :?:

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I have them both and I love them. A+ in all catagories... I've had to do re-installs of FS9 in the past and the WoP planes are the first to go back in so to speak. In short they are well worth every penny...

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

FW 190

Post by cflord »

Point-Man

Thank you for the input on the Butcher Bird & Long Nose. I think I will add them to my collection.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :P

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Your very welcome... Hey I noticed your a former flight engineer on the herc... I have a very good buddy of mine that was a fight engineer on the 130 as well in up state New York...

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Flight Engineer

Post by cflord »

Point-Man

Yes I am a 22 year Retired USAF C-130 Flight Engineer and Vietnam Vet! I currently work at the Eastern Regional Flight Simulator at Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta Georgia. I am an academic and simulator instructor working for Lockheed Martin and contracted to teach the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve flight crews to fly the C-130H2 & H3. The big advantage of this job is that I get to fly a real flight simulator from time to time, which is pretty cool.

I plan to buy the Butcher Bird next month and I did buy the Plane Design Supermarine Spitfire, Iris P-40 Warhawk, CDWT F6F Hellcat, Aeroplane Heaven F4U Corsair, Flight Replicas Messerschmitt BF-109f and the Sky Unlimited P-38 Lightning. These are great additions to my collection of WoP Fighters and Bombers. I also have the MAAM R4D/C-47 and B-25 Mitchell "Briefing Time". I love WWII airplanes!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :D

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Looking forward to have them for FSX 8)

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

FW 190 Butcher Bird

Post by cflord »

Hey guys

I could not wait until next month to buy the Butcher Bird and I got it today. I also got the 1.11 and the 1.2 patch. This is a pretty sweet flying warbird. I am going to have a good time flying this one!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :P

oqvist
Airman

Post by oqvist »

I got the long nose and I wouldn´t say it fly well but that is one of the reason I got it... It punishes you instantly and very hard for the slightest of misstakes you do. But that is no complaint it´s infamous for its high G stalls and sensitive ailerons after all :).

Seeing it´s strikingly similar to IL 2s long nose birds I guess that is a big thumbs up to both shockwaveproductions and olegs team :)

From what I seen the VC and such is not as polished as shockwaveproductions latest FSX aircrafts but very good by FS9 standard for sure :) I really like the bubble cockpit dora.

Palm
Airman Basic

Post by Palm »

Manta wrote:Looking forward to have them for FSX 8)
They work fine in FSX, I have both the Long nose and the HE219 converted.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Shiny.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”