Fuel Tank selector

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Fuel Tank selector

Post by BM357_TinMan »

This may apply to all series, but I have only been flying the A-3 so I can only speak to the A-3 for now.

It doesn't matter where I put the fuel selector switch, (I can't even choose the drop tank), the sim will draw from the drop tank first, then the rear than the front.

The tank indicator will give the fuel quanity in whatever tank I select but the sim draws from whatever tank it wants to (ie drop first, then rear then front)

Is this a bug or is FS2k4 just programmed like this. I was hoping that I would have to control the fuel tank flow.

Let me know

Thanks

BM357_TinMan

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

That is correct, the selector just shows you the tank contents.

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

will this be fixed, or is it a fs9 issue?

TynMahn

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

BM357_TinMan wrote:will this be fixed, or is it a fs9 issue?
Knock Knock, Hello? Question

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi. Do you have problem with the fuel selector or fuel level gauge?
The fuel level gauge shows the content of the front OR rear tank. One selects between tanks by a tank selector switch. The fuel selector has no impact on the fuel level gauge.

regards
ROB

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Actually it is just the opostite as what I think you are saying. The fuel tank selector (slightly hidden and to the lower right of the panel) allows you to select between the front and rear tanks, but only changes what the fuel gauge reads. That is, if you select the front tank, then you read the hash marks on the fuel gauge that correspond to the front fuel tank.

This does NOT effect which tank is being drawn from.

So, the fuel tank selector (unless there is another that I am unaware of) DOES have an impact on the fuel level gauge (as it should) but doesn't effect the tank from which you are drawing (as I think it should) I could be wrong and in the 190A3, fuel was drawn automatically from the ext, then rear, then front, but I doubt this. Why even have a switch if it was automatic.

TynMahn

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The fuel selector is hidden on the lower left of the panel. Use the fuel selector 2D pop-up panel (SHIFT+6) to operate.

regards
ROB

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”