Need Some Help......

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Need Some Help......

Post by mudmarine »

I'm trying to update my butcher bird to V1.2. Problem: I keep getting a corrupt file in FS2004 folder and it won't auto install. I don't keep my fw190's in FS2004 file I have them in my golden wings folder. So basically I'm running two FS's. One for my modern aircraft and one for my vintage war birds. The corrupt file prompt recommends reinstalling FS2004. Which I'm very reluctant to do because I might lose/damage all my pareware/freeware birds! I just want to update my FW190 and not have to reinstall so many other aircraft. Please, any help!? Semper Fi, MudMarine

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Mudmarine,

I think the problem is because you are trying to install it in a non-standard FS install.

I don't have GW3, but I had the same problem when I bought the WoP P51 a while back and could not figure out why I kept getting the same message as you as my stock install of FS9 was working fine!

However, the penny finally dropped when I realised that I had deleted the display.cfg file from my main FS9 folder, so I made a new 'dummy' one up and hey presto, it installed fine.

My guess is that some files from a standard FS9 install are missing and therefore the installer doesn't like it.

You may have to install the FW190 into your regular FS9 and then copy all the relevent files over to your GW install.

Cheers

Paul

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I would have installed my FW190 files into my FS2004 but I can't find the installer :oops: My FS is standard, I didn't change anything in it. There just isn't a FW190 in it. The auto instalerl that comes with the update isn't allowing me to put V1.2 in any other folder but FS2004. I may have to copy the FW190 files for Golden Wings into FS now. It's all just a confusing mess that I created :( Thanks for the idea I'll look into it and see if it works. Semper Fi, MudMarine

PS If you like WWII birds go download Golden Wings! It's very sweet!

PPS I found the display file it's in there.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I got it! I just put my aircraft files into FS2004. Clicked on the patch and it installed all is good in the world. Thanks MudMarine

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”