Panel Indicators

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
btrupp
Airman Basic

Panel Indicators

Post by btrupp »

What is the "Low Attitude Indicator" signify? The upper of the two indicators in the upper left of the control panel. Thanks.

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Ummm...Low Altitude :wink: I believe it means what it says. At a certain altitude it will come on (not sure what alt). This is your plane telling you that you are flying too close to the ground for its liking or some sort of warning that you are about to hit the ground in case you weren't paying attention. I also find it helpful when doing landings with very bad visiblity.

Hope this answers your question :) ,
redrooster.

btrupp
Airman Basic

Post by btrupp »

The panel.cfg file calls it "low attitude indicator". I kind of thought that was a mistake but not sure. Thanks for the info.

btrupp
Airman Basic

Post by btrupp »

Nowhere can I find a reference to a "low altitude indicator". If it is this, is it adjustable or some kind of radar altimeter?. I don't think the Germans had that capability during World War II. Thanks for any info.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

btrupp wrote:Nowhere can I find a reference to a "low altitude indicator". If it is this, is it adjustable or some kind of radar altimeter?. I don't think the Germans had that capability during World War II. Thanks for any info.
The 190F-8 had the FuG 101 radio altimeter 8)

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

OK, I think I made mistake and read attitude as altitude. I don't really know for sure how the system works. I agree that it is probably not a radar function. It might be a combination of the readings from the climb gauge and the altimeter. Ie. your altitude is x and your heading down at x ft/min, so you are in danger of hiting the ground. This is just a guess, I don't really know how it works, you might try asking SD_Research for a better answer.

redrooster :)

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

This is just a sort of "eye candy" light we put there because the actual function (I think it's low ammo or something) wasn't available. Don't worry too much about it, it's not in the real airplane. It goes on when you get below a certain altitude.

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”