new reply
jetviper
Airman Basic

Fw-190 programming failure

Post by jetviper »

Hello flightsim-enthusiastics,

I don´t understand something concerning the genious Fw-190:

Why the hell is that beautiful bird placed so much off display-center? :cry:

You really have no chance to correct this. It has to be done in the .mdl-file I guess. If you zoom in the plane you only will see parts of it while the rest of the display is filled with sky an clouds. :cry:

Please, shockwave, will you correct this and provide us with an update?

Greets from Germany
Thilo

Ridge
Senior Airman

Post by Ridge »

Sounds like a video card problem. What video card do you have?

jetviper
Airman Basic

Post by jetviper »

Ridge wrote:Sounds like a video card problem. What video card do you have?
Hi Ridge,

sorry, but it´s not a video-card-problem (I´ve got an ATI X800 XT). No, it´s just the fact that the aircraft is programmed in that way. It means the plane is not positioned in the centre, which is not so obvious at the first glance but will be clearly to be seen if you zoom in to enlarge the plane at your display while flying for example. Just give it a try and press the zoom-in-function two times when the plane is loaded. Then look at the bird from the left or right side and you will see what I mean. The Fw´s tail is already beyond display border while in front of the bird there is almost one third of display space - but not used by the plane. You see environment in that free third. It´s a pity that they didn´t realize that while programming. On the other hand: What could be the effort of not setting the bird into centre? Can anyone explain it to me? Has it something to to with restrictions of g-max-programming? I can´t believe so because I don´t have this problem with most other aircraft in FS9.

Thilo

Ridge
Senior Airman

Post by Ridge »

Ive built a few aircraft for FS...usually what developers do to simplify the programming of the aircraft.cfg file, the model will be built with the center of the view at the center of gravity. More than likely, the model is centered at about the leading edge of the flaps, where the fw-190's center of gravity is located...

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Fw-190 programming failure

Post by SD_Research »

jetviper wrote:Hello flightsim-enthusiastics,

I don´t understand something concerning the genious Fw-190:

Why the hell is that beautiful bird placed so much off display-center? :cry:

You really have no chance to correct this. It has to be done in the .mdl-file I guess. If you zoom in the plane you only will see parts of it while the rest of the display is filled with sky an clouds. :cry:

Please, shockwave, will you correct this and provide us with an update?

Greets from Germany
Thilo
Something is amiss with your system, perhaps. The model's origin is at the 25 percent MAC location about a quarter of the way back from the leading edge of the wing at the wing root, same as any other model. It has to be there in order for the plane to have an accurate flight model, but it should not cause anything like what you describe since this is more or less standard procedure. I just checked this and there is nothing at all unusual in the way the plane displays. Compare it to the DC-3, the origin is about the same.

jetviper
Airman Basic

Post by jetviper »

Ridge wrote:Ive built a few aircraft for FS...usually what developers do to simplify the programming of the aircraft.cfg file, the model will be built with the center of the view at the center of gravity. More than likely, the model is centered at about the leading edge of the flaps, where the fw-190's center of gravity is located...
Hi Ridge,

...center of gravity..., sounds reasonable what you say. Sorry that I´m not familiar with modeling airplanes so much. I just fly and enjoy the well done birds :wink: .
Nevertheless the effect of showing up off center is more noticeable at the Fw-190 compared with other planes and I just asked myself why this? On the other hand: It was to expect that those guys from shockwave wouldn´t have passed such a mistake accidently. They´re simply professional and damn skillful. So, don´t get me wrong: Their birds are really outstanding.

Thanks for your reply.
Thilo

jetviper
Airman Basic

Re: Fw-190 programming failure

Post by jetviper »

SD_Research wrote:
Something is amiss with your system, perhaps. The model's origin is at the 25 percent MAC location about a quarter of the way back from the leading edge of the wing at the wing root, same as any other model. It has to be there in order for the plane to have an accurate flight model, but it should not cause anything like what you describe since this is more or less standard procedure. I just checked this and there is nothing at all unusual in the way the plane displays. Compare it to the DC-3, the origin is about the same.
...thank you for your detailed response. I didn´t know anything about those connections and circumstances. You´re right with the DC-3.

Kind regards
Thilo

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”