Just took a flight across the Alps

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Just took a flight across the Alps

Post by Scott - A2A »

Took a new 190A9 over the Alps. FS2004 does a really nice job with the changing weather. When I started getting through the mountains, things suddenly started closing in. It cleared off pretty quickly though. Found a little airfield near a lake on the northern side, landed, and parked next to a Grand Caravan. I made a hard landing - it is sure difficult to see over the nose during final. I felt a bit embarrassed as if someone was sitting in the airport facility thinking, “What on earth is that plane and who is the idiot at the controls?”

When I pulled up, I opened the canopy and went to external. Look at this beast!

Shot of the Caravan. Man would I be proud to fly around in this bird.

Turned off the engine, switched the battery off and listening to the gyros wind down:

About 8 years ago I used to own and operate my own small aircraft (no I wasn’t rich – I drove around in a $500 car and lived in a cheap upstairs apartment – I had my priorities). I flew across the US four times – once down south and three across country. This is so much what it felt like. Just cruising into nowhere, looking for a place to land, landing, fueling up, getting a bite, meeting some people, maybe finding a place to stay or maybe just packing it up again and forging on. Those days are long gone, but tonight I just had a little reminder of it and it felt great.

Enjoy FS2004 for all it offers - it's as close to the real deal as it gets.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Would that be the little what looks to be Cessna on the simhq profile page, yes your mug is up there ;)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes - that is the plane. It was a Piper Warrior II. It had the tapered wing. I fixed up the whole dash and interior. Here are some shots. She was a beauty. I used to keep a can of silicone spray to wipe down the yoke shaft and the controls were absolutely perfect.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mdcf18
Airman

Post by mdcf18 »

I have a few hours in the Warrier also. But I liked the Arrow better. They were very similiar except for the retractable L/G. Do you still fly Scott or have you dectided to make money instead of spending iy?

Chuck
It's not a good thing to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I sold the plane - it was just one expense after another. I miss owning the aircraft. There is something different when it's your plane sitting on that airfield - it's very real. When I miss it, I just think of the bills I don't miss.

One thing Shockwave has allowed me though is to get in the cockpits of many military aircraft - something I thought I would only dream about. In a few weeks I'll be recording a Mig17 with afterburners, B25, and B17 again. I value being a pilot more than ever, as it helps so much with these games. I suppose the ultimate dream is to own one of these WWII aircraft. If Shockwave ever becomes EAGames, you can be assured that would happen.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Sounds cool Scott :D 8)
Just out of curiosity, where is the MiG 17 located/who owns it, a museum?
And also what are the names of the of the B-25 and B-17 you will be riding in?

Would the recording of the the AB's for the MiG be WoP related, or for some other sim :wink: :?:

Thanks,
redrooster.

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”