mike_cyul
Airman

Post by mike_cyul »

Nice shots! I really like the first one. Glad you like my repaint , too! :D

Mike F.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

mike_cyul wrote:Nice shots! I really like the first one. Glad you like my repaint , too! :D

Mike F.
Please keep painting :!: :D

Panther

hokie_bird
Airman Basic

Great Work, Mike! (with some questions)

Post by hokie_bird »

I have really enjoyed your repaint, as well. Wonderful job. I hope you will continue to make more quality paints for the 190!

I would like to ask you two questions:

How do you do a repaint without a paint kit?!

I use PSP 9 and I have done some decent repaints using the WoP P-51 paintkit, but I have no clue how to repaint an existing texture file. I always destroy all the rivets and panel lines.

I also wonder if you are using the insignias and other markings from the original texture file or whether you found them elsewhere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

mike_cyul
Airman

Post by mike_cyul »

Hi hokie_bird.

There is an A8 repaint coming, so stand by! :D

I use Photoshop for all repaints. As there's no paint kit, I start from existing textures. I then repaint as needed, starting with the basic scheme, and then redo the panel lines, mottling, dirt, insignias, etc., as separate layers each - there are 34 separate layers in the above repaint, for example. Using layers enables you to go back and adjust things without effecting anything else - very useful!

For rivets, I usually copy a line from the original textures before hand, and then by sowing together several copies of this layer, create one long line of rivets. These can then be put where needed, and the surrounding/underlaying area matched by erasing or adjusting the hue.

Panel lines can also be done this way, although it's usually easier to just create a separate layer, and draw a panel line in the shade you need.

For these FW190 repaints, I've used as a guide the separate colour-chip sheet that came with the "Luftwaffe Painting Guide" by J.R.Smith, G.G.Pentland and R.P.Lutz.

Insignias are used wherever I can find them, although if a texture has a high resolution (and thus lots of detail) then high quality examples can useually be found on the web or scanned from books.

Hope this helps answer your questions!

Mike F.

hokie_bird
Airman Basic

Thank you, Mike!

Post by hokie_bird »

Wow! Thank you for the information on repaints! I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I am definately going to give these suggestions a try.

I look forward to your A8. I know it will be awesome as well.

Thanks again!

mike_cyul
Airman

Post by mike_cyul »

Just to let you know that the A8 repaint has been uploaded to Avsim's library - it should appear soon.

Mike F.

hokie_bird
Airman Basic

Keep 'em coming, Mike!

Post by hokie_bird »

I downloaded "Yellow 8" and "White 6" yesterday. I only had time to fly "Yellow 8", but I really liked it. Can't wait to try "White 6" and "White 11" tonight.

Great paints, Mike! Thak you!

hokie_bird
Airman Basic

Thak you?

Post by hokie_bird »

THANK you!!

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I've looked and looked and can't seem to find your skins... Any chance of a link please...

Thanks
Point

mike_cyul
Airman

Post by mike_cyul »

Hi there. Do a search for " Wings of Power " in the Avsim library, and you should find them all. Be sure to download the latest versions, as there were some mods needed after the 1.1 update.

Mike F.

Flanker35M
Senior Airman

Post by Flanker35M »

S!

A really nice Fw190A :D Just keep the canopy closed while flying ;)
~Let Chaos Entwine On Defenceless Soil~
Dimmu Borgir

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

How do you add the text to your screenshots?

SD

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

the_soupdragon wrote:How do you add the text to your screenshots?

SD
Panther is using a program called Snapper to take his screenshots and it automatically put the text on them.
You can get it here. http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshot ... 17770.html

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

Cheers mate. I downloaded it from your link.
Thing is I cant figure out how to use the bloody thing. Seems awfully tedious to setup for just a snapshot maker. I will try again later.

[edit]

Never mind. It looks like I was using the wrong program. It wouold seem there are different versions for different things. This is the program you need

http://www.ovosoft.nl/snapper/

you also need FSUIPC but it doesn't have to be registered.

[edit]

Cheers again H

SD

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”