Awesome plane... awesome sound

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
Skinny Puppy
Airman Basic

Awesome plane... awesome sound

Post by Skinny Puppy »

Hi,

I'm really impressed with the Focke Wulf!

The sounds are really excellent, in fact, better than I'd expected.

It's a beautiful plane to fly, but it's a b**** to get airborne! :wink: No prob with the plane, I just have to learn to get this type of plane off the ground. I'm generally all over the runway while I'm trying to take-off.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you did an excellent job on it! :P

Larry
Skinny Puppy
TFZ_007
EFC_750

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

I dont' see what the problem is in getting it airborne - Remember this is a fighter, not a Cessna.....gotta go easy with the throttle. 0-100% in 2 seconds will get you in trouble ;)

Panther

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, but as far as aircraft go, the 190 is a challenge to fly. Just one look at how far back the center of gravity is (wing pushed forward), tells you all you need to know about it not being for the inexperienced pilot.

It may be easier to land than a 109 with its wide gear, but flat out refuses the yank and bank appoach to flying.

One of the more interesting things I've read form pilot accounts were the jabo pilots who used to use this vise as a virtue. When an enemy was on their tail, they would haul back on the stick, which would instantly flip the aircraft on its back into a spin. They used about 3,000ft to recover, and had the confidence that no airplane could follow that maneuver. There is so much misinformation floating around the Internet from people who claim to be experts in how these aircraft flew. Your best source is always the pilots themselves and confirmed, detailed flight test reports.

The worst thing you can do with the FW on takeoff is pull back on the stick when the tal comes up. What a great bird this is. I have been in love with this aircraft for a month. Thanks for the compliments on the engine sounds. We spend a lot of time and energy getting them just right. Nothing sounds like this aircraft, and you get a perfectly and authentic smooth sound inside and out throughout the entire RPM range. If you have a subwoofer, all the better. The WoP P51 also responds to bass.

One thing about these aircraft is, for you to really hear what it sounds like, you must turn the volume up quite high. When we recorded the Merlin P51, you could not be anywhere near that engine w/o serious ear protection. We had to shell out a lot of money for a specialized microphone that could survive in the cockpit. Every high SPL mic we had broke up at full throttle. The volume was so extreme, I believe you would sustain ear damage in just minutes. No wonder why so many of these WWII heroes / veterans have such a hard time hearing.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

True Scott but the 190 didn't suffer near the casualties that the 109 suffered during take-off / landings.

190 was a "breeze" compared to the 109 ;)

Panther

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I'm sure. BTW Panther, great work at the Outhouse. You're passion for flying shows.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skinny Puppy
Airman Basic

Post by Skinny Puppy »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:

One thing about these aircraft is, for you to really hear what it sounds like, you must turn the volume up quite high.
Scott.
:P I have my volume up so high that my computer table vibrates!

The more I fly this plane the more I love it! Oh, I didn't mention the VC before.

That is really impressive! It's actually difficult to distinguish between the 2D and 3D views, it's that good.

I've been purchasing mostly Cessna type planes and jumbo jets, I'm really just getting into WWII type planes, so my knowledge of them is pretty sparse.

Are you planning on making a Japanese Zero?

Larry
Skinny Puppy
TFZ_007
EFC_750

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Scott - Shockwave wrote:

One thing about these aircraft is, for you to really hear what it sounds like, you must turn the volume up quite high.
Scott.
:P I have my volume up so high that my computer table vibrates!

The more I fly this plane the more I love it! Oh, I didn't mention the VC before.

That is really impressive! It's actually difficult to distinguish between the 2D and 3D views, it's that good.

I've been purchasing mostly Cessna type planes and jumbo jets, I'm really just getting into WWII type planes, so my knowledge of them is pretty sparse.

Are you planning on making a Japanese Zero?

Larry
You mean like one of these :?: 8)

Panther

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”