Farmington, CT USA July 20th, 2005 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Shockwave Productions has released the latest Wings of Power aircraft, the Focke Wulf 190 Ã¢â‚¬Å“Butcher BirdÃ¢â‚¬Â for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004Ã‚Â®.
When the Focke Wulf 190 appeared on the scene, it was unlike anything the Allies had seen before. With its higher top speed and climb rate, the new German fighter could not only penetrate British airspace at will, but could cut their fighters down with a brutal efficiency. This reputation gave the Focke Wulf the title, Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Butcher Bird.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Below are some screenshots we just took this morning while putting the press release together. This one is of the A5/U12 variant, with the 20mm gun packs.
Here is the 190 A8/R8 in for a landing.
Built with Ã¢â‚¬Å“Absolute realismÃ¢â‚¬Â flight technology
- Can be flown Ã¢â‚¬Å“by the bookÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Built with rare historical flight test reports
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Absolute RealismÃ¢â‚¬Â means the entire flight envelope is modeled via the actual pilotÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s training manuals
- Authentic cruise performance under various conditions with realistic fuel economy
- Absolute Realism even delivers authentic Ã¢â‚¬Å“distance-to-altitudeÃ¢â‚¬Â performance under various power settings
- High engine torque means full power cannot be applied with brakes on or aircraft will Ã¢â‚¬Å“nose overÃ¢â‚¬Â
Gorgeously constructed aircraft, inside and out, down to the last rivet
Professionally recorded and mastered engine sounds
- Realistic, deep radial engine characteristics captured inside and out at all power levels
- Stall buffet, canopy, ground roll, flaps, gyro, and authentic cockpit wind
Both modern and veteran warbird pilots helped create the Ã¢â‚¬Å“feelÃ¢â‚¬Â of flight
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Wings of Power Ã¢â‚¬Å“Special EffectsÃ¢â‚¬Â package includes:
- Historically accurate lighting for stunning nighttime visuals
- Realistic startup visuals modeled after the real aircraft
- Belly landings with realistic effects and physics programming
ShockwaveÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s new standard for high quality manuals
- 130-pages in full 8 Ã‚Â½ X 11Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Absolute Realism Certified Specifications
- Rare historical data included
- British formerly top-secret plans to capture the Focke Wulf
- Tactical trial reports
- Letter from Air Chief Marshal to the Under Secretary of State
- Authentic hand-written German flight test reports
Another great job by one of the hardest working teams in the business!
The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
A new model, sounds great to me as I've found the Fw to be under represented in FS (have the FS9 version which I liked, but I would imagine that the model you could produce now would be leaps ahead of your first).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest