Wings of POWER P51 "Mustang" UPDATE v.1.2 RELEASED

The premier US WWII Fighter
o76o
Airman

Post by o76o »

stickshaker wrote:Can you not browse to your FSX directory?
I can, but then the installer tells me my fs2004 install is corrupt and that i have to reinstall FS2004.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Since you posted re: powerpack in the tech forum I am assuming here that you may be trying to update the wrong product.

This update is for the standalone WOP p-51 pack for fs2004 and not the WOPII p-51.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

o76o
Airman

Post by o76o »

Lewis - Shockwave wrote:Since you posted re: powerpack in the tech forum I am assuming here that you may be trying to update the wrong product.

This update is for the standalone WOP p-51 pack for fs2004 and not the WOPII p-51.
Yes you are right! Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

Bigsky10

P-51 update

Post by Bigsky10 »

I have gone through the forum and see there are a number who have had problems installing the update. I did download it a couple of time and have tried a number of the suggestion listed about. I still come up with the "files corrupt" message when I install it into FS9(2004). My questions is, I just purchased the solo P-51 a couple days ago. Does this have the update incorporated in it? If not, are there any other suggestions anyone might have for me.

Regards,
Bigsky10

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The update is for the first release of the Wings of POWER P51 for FS9. You have a high res Wings of POWER II P51 for FS9 / FSX, and does not need this update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bigsky10

Post by Bigsky10 »

Scott thanks for the fast response. I am still experimenting with this new flying experience. I have looked for a long time for a P-51 to fly. I believe this is going to be a good one to fly around. Thanks again.

Regards
Bigsky10

ceasley211
Airman Basic

P-51D/H for FSX?

Post by ceasley211 »

I am an avid FS Pilot and really enjoy all the A2A Simulations aircraft that I have purchased (WoP II WWII Fighters, Aircraft Powerpack and the standalone WoP P-51D/H). I recently upgraded to FSX and can load the WWII Fighters (with some minor gauge and screw anomalies) and Aircraft Powerpack but am not able to load the P-51D/H. Is there a patch available to make this A/C playable in FSX? If so where can I find it? If not are you planning to make the P-51D/H compatable with FSX?

Thanks

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The P51D solo is FSX compat, but the original P51D/H package is for FS9 only. This was our very first warbird release. We hope to come out with an all new P51 package for FSX though, but it's medium to long term for us.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

ceasley211
Airman Basic

Updates

Post by ceasley211 »

Thanks for the info. Has anyone come up with a solution for the holes in the VC running FSX SP2?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Updates

Post by CodyValkyrie »

ceasley211 wrote:Thanks for the info. Has anyone come up with a solution for the holes in the VC running FSX SP2?
I believe that is on the to do list.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mikpen14
Airman

Post by mikpen14 »

I assume having just bought the Solo P51 this week that it will be the most up to date version?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Yes, I believe the Solo version comes as fully updated. Actually, I don't think there are any updates for the Solo version yet.

This 1.2 update is for the first P-51D/H package for FS9. The Solo version is an updated, reworked model that was first released as part of the "Wings of Power II: WWII Fighters Special Edition" CD-ROM. As I recall, the 1.2 update for the first version was released as the team was finalizing the second version.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bcjolly
Airman Basic

Re: Wings of POWER P51 "Mustang" UPDATE v.1.2 RELEASED

Post by bcjolly »

I just installed the vs 1.2 upgrade. I like the new view in virtual cockpit and the plane in general. However, I am having the same problems that others have asked about and I have not seen an answer to. The steering in the new version does not seem to be comparable to what I have read about the original P-51. With the stick in neutral or back position, the tailwheel was steerable through + or - 6 degrees. With the stick forward, the tailwheel was freewheeling. On version 1.2 upgrade, the tailwheel seems to be freewheeling all the time. If I maintain at least 20 inches of manifold pressure I can control the direction of the plane. If power is less, I lose tailwheel control and do not have enough rudder control to maintain directional control. This is bad when one is taxiing or on rollout when landing.

Have I tried to upgrade a version that did not need it or do I have other problems. I have tried to edit the aircraft.cfg file but cannot access it. Would like some help please.

I have other issues as well. I cannot get the magnetos to switch. This happens with either the original version or the upgrade. Also, does anyone have a complete list of functions and key controls for this software?

Thanks in advance for any help available.
Barry C Jolly

alex_94
Airman Basic

Re: Wings of POWER P51 "Mustang" UPDATE v.1.2 RELEASED

Post by alex_94 »

If I’ve purchased the add ons for fs2004 in the last few years, will the exes have all these latest updates for all the aircraft whether it be the p51, fw190, he219 etc?

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”