P-51 repaints

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
GP
Airman

P-51 repaints

Post by GP »

I have done a few new repaints for the P-51.

You can find them all here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?l ... ory%20Paul

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

If you were did not know this I have done 10 other P-51D and P-51H paint in the past also. You can find them on page 2 on the above link.

That's 23 repaints for for. I have 4 more Tuskegee Airmen paints also a CAF P-51D. The Tuskegee Airmen pack2 is done just need to do the readme.

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Hey GP, what's the filename for that "FF-525"?
Thanks,
redrooster.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

redrooster wrote:Hey GP, what's the filename for that "FF-525"?
Thanks,
redrooster.
I you click the link in the above post it's on page2. It's called valhalla.zip.

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Thanks GP, you have some great repaints for the P-51 :D

redrooster.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

Good to see a late KNIL model to keep my early model company.
Still somewhat planning to maybe to a series, but never yet gotten around to it.

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

GP wrote:
Thanks,
redrooster.
I was crawling around that plane yesterday (the real one that is, I was very surprised to see it sitting at work yesterday). It's a P-51D-30NT, ser # 45-11525. I subsequently found out it's owned by General William Anders, one of the Apollo 8 Astronauts (first crew to actually go to the moon). The plane is based out of Bellingham, Washington. It used be painted as Silver Ghost in '82, and spent some time in the Indonesian AF prior to that. I sadly missed an engine run on it today. *sigh* (would've LOVED to listen to the merlin this one has!!!)

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

-E wrote:
GP wrote:
Thanks,
redrooster.
I was crawling around that plane yesterday (the real one that is, I was very surprised to see it sitting at work yesterday). It's a P-51D-30NT, ser # 45-11525. I subsequently found out it's owned by General William Anders, one of the Apollo 8 Astronauts (first crew to actually go to the moon). The plane is based out of Bellingham, Washington. It used be painted as Silver Ghost in '82, and spent some time in the Indonesian AF prior to that. I sadly missed an engine run on it today. *sigh* (would've LOVED to listen to the merlin this one has!!!)
Hey -E you get any photo's of her?

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

No, forgot to bring my camera yesterday (not to mention the guys with M-16's really frown on that behaviour)... I'm off today and she was scheduled to leave about an hour ago now. However, if someone lives in the area, I suspect she'll stop for the Arlington Air Show tonight and this weekend, as it is on a direct line and half way between here and Bellingham. There are tons of pic on the web of her though. hang one sec.... (feel free to talk amongst yourselves...) Okay, here's a bunch...

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/su ... 1525.shtml

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

-E thanks for the answer. I was looking for a good photo of the little decal on the side of that aircraft. I have a good "let's roll" decal but I just don't know what the other one is. I would like to find it some where so I can make the repaint I did better.

Greg

(I miss you at the outhouse)

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

GP wrote:-E thanks for the answer. I was looking for a good photo of the little decal on the side of that aircraft. I have a good "let's roll" decal but I just don't know what the other one is. I would like to find it some where so I can make the repaint I did better.
Best shot I can come up with is here...

http://www.heritageflight.org/images/Ai ... flight.jpg

(a little stretching and downsizing, and it might work)

Another one here I'm sure you've seen, but the above is larger...

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/su ... 5-p29.html

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

-E wrote:
GP wrote:-E thanks for the answer. I was looking for a good photo of the little decal on the side of that aircraft. I have a good "let's roll" decal but I just don't know what the other one is. I would like to find it some where so I can make the repaint I did better.
Best shot I can come up with is here...

http://www.heritageflight.org/images/Ai ... flight.jpg

(a little stretching and downsizing, and it might work)

Another one here I'm sure you've seen, but the above is larger...

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/su ... 5-p29.html
Thanks -E

Hey -E where do you hang out at now? I dont see you at the outhouse anymore. Youhave always been a great help to me. Come back buddy.

Greg

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

This might sound dumb to you guys but are these for the WoP P-51 or the WWII Fighters P-51? Will they work on either one? Sorry I haven't done much with the skins since I got the new P-51 and lost the skins I had for the older one with the patch.

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

For as far as i konw Point-man these are all skins for the older P51 not for the WWII Mustang.

Regards,

Meso

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

Piont-Man I made all those repaints for the stand alone P-51D/H version 1.1 Now they will work with the new version 1.2 but some of them will some small textures problems because of the model changes made by shockware. My new repaints will work with version 1.2. I'm not sure I want to go back and edit my old repaints to fix problems with version 1.2. I guess im getting old amd lazy :lol:

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”