Caribbean Trip - South to Venezuela

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Caribbean Trip - South to Venezuela

Post by FAC257 »

Holy smokes what a trip! :)

Today's flight turned out to be one of our largest P-51 get togethers so far. Several of us left this AM from St.Maarten (TNCM) and headed out southward on a VOR to VOR tour of the islands. As the day went on we were joined by several more P-51s. We also had jkcook28 pick up some flight time in the P-47 and dj51d in the new Ts-152H. At one point we had at least 7 WOP fighters in the air on a few legs of the journey.

The flight today wandered down through the Caribbean island chain with rest stops at Martinique (TFFF), Grenada (TGPY), Trinida (TTPP) and then westward along the coast once we reached Venezuela. Base camp for this week has us parked at a small beach airstrip along the coast at SVCP.

This first shot sort of sums it up for me if I was asked the question about what's it like to fly the WOP aircraft with other pilots. I left this one full size on purpose. :)

We almost look like the real guys in this one. :)

Because of our numbers we have to mow our own taxi ways at the smaller fields sometimes.

Westward along the mainland of South America.

WND on final at SVCP with several others in the pattern.

Base camp for the week.

Thanks to WND, jkcook28, Grayrider, Laughing Terror, dj51d, Point-Man and Viper2 in his Spitfire for making this one heck of a flight. 8)

FAC257

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

Was a great flight. I had a lot of fun.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Jeez, I forgot Bomber_12th was with us also. His was my first new P-51 paint addition of the day in "Twilight Tear". :)

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Nice shots FAC :) Looks like you guys had fun, sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like I have some catching up to do :lol: . Time to take the P-47M back out of the hanger and strap on that afterburner :wink: :mrgreen:

redrooster.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

That was a blast! That was the most WOP planes that I have seen online at one sitting. it was great taking WND's wing for the few hops that I made it in for. I wish that I had fraps loaded up but I forgot about it unfortunatly. :cry: All I have to say is the Shockwave team should be @#$@ proud of what they have made here!!!

WND
Senior Airman

Post by WND »

Good Morning Every one:

As everyone has commented so far, we had a BLAST yesterday on our Saturday trek thru the islands! It brought back memories of when I used to travel with my brother to "real" airshows!!! :D

I won't bore you with repeating what already has been said - however I will thank everyone who participated - it made for a great day!! :)

During the week, we did a little sight seeing around TNCM - one of our last flights was with GrayRider checking out some small strips!

From this point, I'll just let the pics tell the story!!

This next picture is probably what made the day!! :D Just prior to depart TTPP on our last leg of the day!!

Last but not least, as with a lot of you who venture with us, when Point Man decides he's going to fly on your wing - that's exactly where he's at all the time!! If I got lost, he was getting lost with me!!!

Again, I had a great time (over 7 hours worth)! A big THANK YOU to all who joined us - hope you all have a great week!!

Bill
Bill

jkcook28
Airman First Class

Post by jkcook28 »

Hey guys that was alot of flying Sat! :D I can't add much to the screenies but here's a couple.
The lineup in what ActiveSky turned out to be crappy Carribean weather :shock:
A lonely 'Jug amongst the Horses :cry:

As a heads-up, next Sat I'm gonna fly some P47 hours with the below paint schemes...no excuses not to have them by then :wink: :wink: so lets get 'em!

bt_penrd.zip at flightsim.com

WOPP47HVZ.zip at avsim.com

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

More shots

Post by George Kuhn »

Here are some more screenies from Saturdays flying that i was able to get.

I really had a great time,except for getting knocked out of the sim.

The next few shots i was able to take with WND and myself in the Stearman

Sorry i took so many screenies,i just thought they looked pretty good,almost real,and i thought the shots of the planes all lined up were worth posting from Saturdays flying.

How do the screenies look to you Scott,and all other flyers as well?.

I'm looking forward to next Saturdays flyin,and I'm sure FAC & WND will cook something up.

GrayRider

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Nice pics guys !

JC
Thanks for posting the info on your paint schemes. It does really make it nicer for everyone when you can get as many colors as possiible loaded before the flight.

I'll be in Dazzling Donna as usual. wop51daz.zip at flightsim.com

Rats though !!!! You swiped my P-47 already. :D
The HVZ is one beautiful aircraft. You have good taste.

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”