Tachometer

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Tachometer

Post by guillaume78150 »

I inadvertently pressed the "Engine overhaul" in the hangar. I have now a brand new engine with 0 hour...
I have a backup but don't know which file contains the engine log, if it is stored somewhere...

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Tachometer

Post by Tomas Linnet »

in FSX there is some files in your C:\Users\***your name***\Documents\A2A folder stop starting your sim until you've made back ups of these files. Then delete the .bak file, remove the .bak1 part from the .bak1 file, start your sim and check. If you have started your sim more than once, you'll need to go back a bit further
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Hi Tomas,
Thanks, do you mean delete the .dat file and renaming the .bak1 file in .dat ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, that's the general idea Guillaume. If you go to the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35" directory, you should find some files titled "v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak1" etc. If you delete the "v2_BonanzaV35log.dat" file and replace it with the most recent file ending ".bak" which pre-dates your "engine overhaul" action, you should get the previous state of your aircraft back.

To elaborate a bit, each time you launch the Bonanza in the sim, a new backup is created of the aircraft's most recent state (i.e. the existing .dat file) and this is named with the .bak1 suffix. On the subsequent reload, .bak1 becomes .bak2 so you have two backups and so on, up to .bak5. In other words, once you've been using the aircraft for a while, the 5 .bak files represent its most recent history, with .bak5 being the oldest. Typically, if you have any issues, you'd need to delete the existing .dat file and remove the suffix from .bak1 to replace it, but if you wish to restore an earlier state, just pick one of the older .bak files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Hi Nick,

Done, and got my previous engine log back.
This backup files functionality is a smart one.
Thanks !

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”