Bo in P3Dv5................no pitch trim !

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Bo in P3Dv5................no pitch trim !

Post by DHenriques_ »

Just installed the Bo Academic in P3Dv5. Two things;
1. At the end of the installation there is a window saying to wait while Microsoft installs something. This occurs while the Direct X window is still open and checked off in it's dialog box.
This Microsoft window never completes. I have to close out of it using cancel at which time the installation completes along with the update.

2. I have no pitch trim either visually on the trim wheel or acting on the airplane using either the two buttons assigned to that function in the P3D settings for the controller or using the input configurator assigning the same two buttons to override on the controller. (Note I DO have pitch trim on the T6 that was installed at the same time with the same issue at the end of the installation with that Microsoft dialog box not completing.)

Any ideas?

DH

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bo in P3Dv5................no pitch trim !

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dudley,

Hope you're well and enjoying the festive holiday.

For your first issue, do you recall what the dialog box says is being installed? Other than legacy DirectX 9 components, it should just check that the legacy SimConnect package is installed, but this should generally just complete silently in the background.

For the second problem, I'd suspect a controller conflict somewhere, or that your button presses are effectively being 'intercepted' by another bit of software. Is it just P3D itself and the input configurator which you're using, or is are there any other third-party utilities in the mix, such as software provided by the hardware manufacturer.

Also, are we talking basic yoke or joystick buttons here, or something more complex like a trim axis too?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 15:30 Hi Dudley,

Hope you're well and enjoying the festive holiday.

For your first issue, do you recall what the dialog box says is being installed? Other than legacy DirectX 9 components, it should just check that the legacy SimConnect package is installed, but this should generally just complete silently in the background.

For the second problem, I'd suspect a controller conflict somewhere, or that your button presses are effectively being 'intercepted' by another bit of software. Is it just P3D itself and the input configurator which you're using, or is are there any other third-party utilities in the mix, such as software provided by the hardware manufacturer.

Also, are we talking basic yoke or joystick buttons here, or something more complex like a trim axis too?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick, Bea and I are hanging in and doing "fairly well" these days.
I'll reinstall the Bonanza and take special note of that dialog box when it comes up so you know exactly what it is. I believe it's something to do with Sim Connect. I was going to try a fresh install anyway.
I'll post back here later this evening with better information for you.

On the second thing. Yes. I had installed a set of TPR Pedals recently and never got them working properly. They would lock up the parking brake every time the pedals were used. I was using the generic Windows drivers for them initially. In trying to solve the brake issue I tried the Thrustmaster driver but uninstalled that when it didn't solve the issue. Now I have the old CH pedals set up and running and the brakes work ok.Don't know if all that could be pertinent to the trim issue?
One thing that's strange is that I have uninstalled MSFS2020 completely at this point for various reasons adding up to my not enjoying using it and now only have a fresh P3D installation working.
I had uninstalled P3D and reinstalled it fresh after getting rid of 2020. As part of that process I also reinstalled my A2A planes. I have the 51, the T6, the Cherokee, and the Bo installed.
What's interesting about the trim issue is that when I try the T6 I have normal trim both visually and physically working for that aircraft. The problem seems restricted to the Bo so at least we know the trim is working on the T6 normally.
Just so you know I have already gone through every controller including the mouse that is showing in the P3D applet looking for conflicting assignments. I really don't see any. The trim is assigned to two buttons on the stick, one for up and one for down. No axis being used for the trim. It's a straight repeat function. One thing I haven't checked is the autopilot in the Bo. I'm bringing the Bo up ready for takeoff. I never got as far as looking to see if the auto pilot was engaged. I'll do that before I get back here later with additional data.
One thing; that dialog box that never completes and has to be canceled out to install ALL the A2A planes occurs in all four installations for each plane during the install process.
Back later!
As always,
D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Ping Nick on Bonanza issue

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick;

I reinstalled the Bo and still have no pitch trim either visually on the wheel of visually outside on the tail.
What's interesting is that on the P51, the T6, AND the Cherokee the trim is working perfectly.
So we know it's not the controller or a button conflict as the same two buttons are assigned for the planes where the trim works.
So it HAS to be something with the Bonanza installation.
If I want to do an absolutely pristine installation of the Bonanza, after I click the uninstall in programs are there files left that I have to clean out manually? (.dat etc). Can you give the path to get the Bo out completely and I'll try downloading a new installer from the store and installing the Bo again. I think I have the right one. I downloaded the Academic version for P3Dv5.
Also, just a shot in the dark; when I downloaded a fresh copy of P3Dv5 from the LM website yesterday I noticed a hotfix listed on the right side of the menu. I assumed that fix was included in the link for the Academic download which I selected. Am I right on this that I didn't need the hotfix as it was included already in the main download?
Anyway..........this is where I am now.
I'll follow any directions you might have.
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ping Nick on Bonanza issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dudley,

It won't do any harm to reinstall the Bo, but before you resort to this it might be worth simply deleting the saved .dat files for the plane in your 'Documents' folder. Specifically, the folder to get rid of is "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35". This'll reset the Bonanza to an 'as new' state.

If you want to go a step further, delete the "Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35" directory too, and this'll remove any input configurator assignments.

As for your Prepar3D v5 install, yes, if you downloaded the full installer package yesterday it should be the latest P3Dv5.3 Hotfix 1 version (aka 5.3.15.28130) which was released on 22nd December, so no need to install this separately. If you want to double-check, just verify that the version number in the Windows list of installed programs is the same as the one above.

Anyway, lets see where deleting the dat files for the Bonanza gets us and take it from there. I presume you don't use other third-party software like FSUIPC? Also, you mention you haven't checked the autopilot, but any manual trim inputs should just cause it to disconnect.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll merge this topic into your previous one to keep all the info in one place.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Ping Nick on Bonanza issue

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 08:42 Hi Dudley,

It won't do any harm to reinstall the Bo, but before you resort to this it might be worth simply deleting the saved .dat files for the plane in your 'Documents' folder. Specifically, the folder to get rid of is "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35". This'll reset the Bonanza to an 'as new' state.

If you want to go a step further, delete the "Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35" directory too, and this'll remove any input configurator assignments.

As for your Prepar3D v5 install, yes, if you downloaded the full installer package yesterday it should be the latest P3Dv5.3 Hotfix 1 version (aka 5.3.15.28130) which was released on 22nd December, so no need to install this separately. If you want to double-check, just verify that the version number in the Windows list of installed programs is the same as the one above.

Anyway, lets see where deleting the dat files for the Bonanza gets us and take it from there. I presume you don't use other third-party software like FSUIPC? Also, you mention you haven't checked the autopilot, but any manual trim inputs should just cause it to disconnect.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll merge this topic into your previous one to keep all the info in one place.
OK, I'll make these steps today and see if that solves it. I'll get back here later on today with the results.
Thanks for your assistance. So far it looks like the issue has to be with the Bo installation somewhere so hoping these steps produce a positive result.
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, best of luck!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 11:47 Okay, best of luck!

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick;

I followed your advice to the letter and it's fixed. After deleting the files as suggested and installing a fresh Bo I now have pitch trim.
Thanks as always for your help.
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good news indeed Dudley and you're very welcome. Of course, it's a bit of a mystery as to what caused the issue in the first place, but that's computers I suppose!

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”