problem with oil change

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

problem with oil change

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

My FSX Bonanza seems to have developed some sort of problem when I try to change the oil. After an oil change I don't see any changes in the colour. I did check the C172 and C182, but the oil looks mor or less new on both of these. I've been looking on L:vars using LINDA, but both E1OilColor and Eng1_OilColor = 0 on all 3 aircraft
Every thing else seems to work, except my mechanic doesn't notice that I have no oil if I drain in the shift 4 menu and the take it into the hangar for inspection.
Any suggestions, I'll try to use another .dat file just to see if that makes a difference

I've tried different ways of loading the Bonanza in my sim: sitting on the appron in the default C172, then load the Bonanza al my usual way of loading: after FSX is ready, with the default flight shoeing the rotating C172, click load, and load my saved A2A flight
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: problem with oil change

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tomas,

It might be worth backing up your .dat file and then generating a few 'used' Bonanzas via the Shift 3 menu to compare the oil colour. I've been away from home for a few days over the festive season, but back home as of tonight, so tomorrow I'll see if I have any luck in reproducing the issue you've described.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

hmmm, that's strange.... after loading a couple of used and new aircraft using the shift 3 menu, I can now see a difference in the oil colour on my own used .dat file. No need to investigate this any further. Thanks for you time and enjoy what ever time left of your holiday!
Kind Regards
Tomas

A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the update. Computers eh?! They can be strange and unfathomable beasts at times. Please let us know if the issue resurfaces and enjoy the rest of the festive season too.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Thanks Nick

I will, both of them ;-)

Cheers
Kind Regards
Tomas

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”